UFC 261 is an MMA (Mixed Martial Arts) competition that will take place on April 24th, 2021, at the VyStar Veterans Memorial Arena in Jacksonville, Florida. This will be the first PPV event held in front of a crowd since Fight Island. The main event is a UFC Welterweight Championship rematch between current champion Kamaru Usman and Jorge Masvidal. The duo’s last meeting was in UFC 251 last year in Abu Dhabi. The fight went all 5 rounds and Usman won by a unanimous decision.
That said, UFC fans will enjoy the other title fights on the main card. The women’s strawweight title bout is between the Chinese titleholder Zhang Weili and the top contender, the American Rose Namajunas. During the Covid-19 pandemic of 2020, the UFC was one of the first sports to return. Of course, the UFC fighting events these days operate like a well-oiled machine after everything the company has been through. If you want to watch the undercard of UFC 261 (the early prelims and prelims) along with the main card, you’ll need to get the PPV event from ESPN+ and be located in the United States. If you will be traveling or otherwise outside the US, you’ll need to connect to a VPN to help you get past the geo-restrictions.
How to Watch UFC PPV Events with a VPN
You can watch this streaming service abroad, providing you follow these steps:
- Sign up for ExpressVPN (includes a 30-day risk-free money-back guarantee)
- Download and install the ExpressVPN app on your device
- Connect to a VPN server in the United States.
- Next, Go to ESPN+ and sign up for the PPV event (UFC 261).
- Purchase the event so you can enjoy all of the PPV action and cheer your favorite fighters on to victory.
- If you have any questions or run into any issues along the way, the ExpressVPN tech support team is available 24/7 via live chat to help.
UFC 261 (Usman vs Masvidal 2) Main Card
If you remember the normal format of UFC events, there is typically one major fight and several lesser matches on the main card. As we mentioned, though, UFC 261 has 3 title fights. The main bout is between Kamaru Usman and Jorge Masvidal. Usman has an impressive 18-1 record, while Masvidal has a record of 35-14. They are fighting the World Welterweight belt, and are both really solid fighters. When you include the other fights, this is a UFC PPV you won’t want to miss out on.
Let’s take a look at the fight card for Saturday night, specifically the main card. There are some great matchups there. Don’t forget you can watch the prelims if you have ESPN+. You can get it using the same technique we mention below.
- Kamaru Usman (c) vs. Jorge Masvidal for the Welterweight Title
- Zhang Weili (c) vs. Rose Namajunas for the Women’s Strawweight Title
- Valentina Shevchenko (c) vs. Jéssica Andrade for the Women’s Flyweight Title
- Uriah Hall vs. Chris Weidman
- Anthony Smith vs. Jimmy Crute
While boxing was popular in the 20th century, many fans now prefer the MMA style. Of course, the most popular company is Dana White’s UFC (Ultimate Fighting Championship). Despite being around since 1993, Dana took over the company and became president in 2001. Even though it was starting to become popular then, He made it into the mega brand it is now.
These days, you see evidence of just how big the sport is, everywhere. It is not hard to see why. Many consider it the last great blood sport. It is one of the few sports left where blood is still commonplace. From the old fighters to the new, you can’t go wrong by watching your favorite MMA fighters best the opponent.