In keeping with our traditions, we like to discuss the new Samsung Galaxy S-line phones when they come out. Of course, the S22 models are the latest in Samsung’s flagship line of phones. These days, you won’t see much that’s revolutionary. However, you will see steady improvement from one model year to another. As with previous years, the Galaxy has three different models. Those are the S22, the S22 Plus, and S22 Ultra. No matter which version you decide to get, we suggest you connect to a VPN whenever you plan on using it. We’ll be glad to explain more about that in a moment. First, please look at our list of the best VPNs for Samsung Galaxy S22, Plus, and Ultra versions.
Short on time? Here are the best VPNs for Samsung Galaxy S22
- ExpressVPN – our top VPN to use with Galaxy S22 phones. ExpressVPN hosts a large and secure VPN network with servers in 92 countries. Try ExpressVPN risk-free for 30 days.
- NordVPN – enable the VPN kill switch feature to protect your privacy in case of disconnects.
- Private Internet Access – take advantage of their DNS based ad blocker for a better online experience.
- CyberGhost – their Windows VPN app has specialized servers for streaming and gaming.
- IPVanish – out tests confirmed that there were no IP of DNS leaks with their app.
One of the biggest things you’ll notice about the S22 line is the color difference. For the S22 and the S22 Plus, the colors are identical. The basic colors are Phantom White, Green, Pink Gold, and Phantom Black. That said, if you order your phone directly from Samsung.com, you can take advantage of the “Colorways” colors. These are Graphite, Cream, Sky Blue, and Violet. With the Ultra version of the phone, the basic colors change out the Pink Gold for Burgundy. The Colorways colors for the Ultra include Graphite, Sky Blue, and Red.
If you are like most people, you like to take advantage of WiFi whenever you can. While many plans offer unlimited data, you might as well use an open network when available. The problem is, that open WiFi networks are troublesome. Whenever you use one, you leave yourself vulnerable. Instead, why not connect to a VPN on your Samsung Galaxy S22? By doing so, you can protect your sensitive data from those that may want it.
The S22 line has a great screen. Whether you choose the 6.1-inch screen of the S22, the 6.6-inch screen of the S22+, or the 6.8-inch screen of the S22 Ultra, you have a screen that will allow you to watch international shows and movies or even your favorite sports. You can resolve both issues by watching content from other regions or getting around sports blackouts by connecting to a VPN. Connect to a server in your desired country to see content from other areas. Connect to a VPN server outside your watching market if you want to get around a local sports blackout. That way, you can enjoy either one no matter where you are.
Samsung Galaxy S22 model features
As you can expect, the Galaxy S22 has some notable features that separate the different models. Let’s look at them now.
- Dimensions – The dimensions for the S22 in millimeters are 146x70.6x7.6. For the Plus, it is 157.4x75.8x7.6. The Ultra comes in at 163.3x77.9x8.9.
- Display – S22 – 6.1 inch flat FHD+ Dynamic Amoled 2x, 425 ppi. S22 Plus – 6.5 inch flat FHD+ Dynamic Amoled 2x, 393 ppi. Ultra – 6.8 Quad HD+ Dynamic Amoled 2x, 500 ppi.
- Selfie Camera – S22 & S22 Plus – 10MP Selfie Camera. Ultra – 40MP Selfie Camera.
- Rear Camera – S22 & S22 Plus – 50MP wide-angle, 10MP telephoto, 12MP ultra wide lens. Ultra version – 108MP wide-angle, 10MP telephoto x2, 12MP ultra wide lens.
While those are not all of the features, there are some differences between the models. In our eyes, the difference between the regular and plus are minor. If you are looking for screen resolution, though, the standard version has better resolution than the plus, despite them getting a bit bigger of a screen.
Help choosing the right VPN for Galaxy S22 devices
The most important things to protect your new Samsung Galaxy S22 are below.
- VPNs with strong encryption to keep you safe when using public WiFi.
- Providers that will help you get around sports blackouts and let you watch international content.
- Companies that don’t keep information on your new phone (no connection logs).
- Providers with VPN apps for the Android operating system.
- Providers with high-speed servers for the best stability and speeds when using your new phone.
Let’s take a closer look at some of the best VPN services for Samsung Galaxy S22 devices.
Because protecting your security and accounts are essential while gaming, connecting to a VPN server with ExpressVPN is crucial. If you are a gamer, you will spend many hours playing. No matter what the game is, there are achievements, money, and account information that you should be able to protect. To do so, all you need to do is connect to the server of your choice. That way, you will create a layer of encryption that will keep all of your personal gaming information and accounts safe.
Of course, you can find sports fans all over the world. Because different events interest different people, you can expect strong regional support where the event takes place. What you can not always expect, however, is to be able to watch it if you are outside the area. The idea is to connect to a VPN server from ExpressVPN. As long as you connect to one in the area of the sporting event, you will be able to watch the local broadcast. Just make sure you have an account for one of the streaming options for the event.
The ExpressVPN team goes the extra mile to provide a feature rich service. They are also strong privacy advocates. They offer a $5,000 Future of Privacy scholarship every year to help promote privacy among college students. Just a quick example of their dedication to spreading the message of privacy around the world. Just as important, they offer a premium network to allow for fast connections. This makes the service an excellent choice for downloading and streaming. Test their network for yourself with their 30-day money-back guarantee. Sign up for 12 months and get 3 months free with our ExpressVPN deal.
Want to learn more? Read our full ExpressVPN review.
- 100% zero-logging
- 24/7 live chat support
- Extremely Secure
- Works in China
- Lightway protocol delivers fast speeds
- Dedicated apps for Windows, Mac, iOS, Android, Firestick
- Premium pricing
- 5 device limit (simultaneous)
As the world gets smaller, some sports become more visible in other countries. Whether you enjoy watching the English Premier League, American football, or others, you may have an issue doing that unless you connect to a VPN server from NordVPN. For example, if you want to watch an EPL match and have an active subscription, you’ll simply connect to a UK server and you should be able to enjoy them. You can say the same for other countries as well since NordVPN has thousands of VPN servers to choose from.
With over 5100 servers located in 59 countries, NordVPN has a massive network. That is an excellent thing if you are trying to make sure you get high speeds. Of course, encryption overhead can quickly slow down your connection. They have you covered no matter what you plan on doing while using it. NordVPN does well to offer you the best possible speeds so you can enjoy the positive benefits of connecting to a VPN.
Want to learn more? Read our full NordVPN review.
- No logging policy
- Specialty servers for P2P and Double VPN
- NordLynx WireGaurd protocol
- Firestick app good for streaming
- Accepts Bitcoin payments
- Multi-hop servers
- Renewal prices are higher
- Linux client lacks a GUI
If you are a gamer or have been in the past, you know how easy it is to put resources into your favorite game. Luckily, Private Internet Access knows that as well. If you want to protect your in-game assets in your favorite games, what you need to do is connect to a VPN. By doing so, you will create a layer of encryption that will help stop hackers from stealing your data. While it won’t protect you from all harm, it will undoubtedly add to your security.
As more and more TV users cut the cord, many of them still want the ability to watch their favorite sports team in action. With a VPN from Private Internet Access, you don’t have to miss out. Unfortunately, licensing rights to the team will consider you to be “in-market” if you try to watch online. That means you would typically miss out unless you chose a VPN server located outside the region. Simply connect to a VPN in a different area, and you will be able to enjoy it.
Want to learn more? Read our full Private Internet Access review.
- Supports torrenting (P2P)
- Split tunneling feature
- User-friendly desktop and mobile app
- Connect up to 10 devices simultaneously
- No DNS or data leaks
- Unlimited bandwidth without any caps
- Failed to unblock Amazon Prime
- Smart DNS fails with streaming services
Some countries have streaming services that are specific to that country. For example, if you want to watch HBO Now outside the US, Hulu outside the US, Stan outside Australia, or others, you need to connect to a VPN server in that region. Of course, there are excellent streaming services all over the world. We do not feel that you should have to miss out on them, simply because of where you are. Fortunately, the way around that is to connect to a CyberGhost VPN server located in the area you want to see. Then, you should be able to enjoy your favorite streaming services no matter where they are.
If you play older games that move to browsers or games that you would natively play in one, you should consider connecting to a CyberGhost VPN server. Unfortunately, some games can take a while to load. Of course, that depends on the browser you choose. Often, that is because of ads or processes that are running in the background when loading the page. By connecting to a VPN, you will be able to block all of the things that could slow you down when playing your favorite browser games.
Want to learn more? Read our full CyberGhost review.
- Supports up to 7 devices at once
- Good price on long-term plans
- Smart DNS service for Netflix US and UK
- NoSpy servers located in Romania
- Force HTTPS feature to secure sites
- Does not offer double VPN connections
- Servers can get overloaded
If you like to travel abroad, you may quickly notice that your favorite streaming service is not available. For those that want to watch international services like Netflix, you may see that you are not able to access some of your favorite content. Of course, that is why you would want to connect to IPVanish. When you do, you can connect to a server in your home region or find another one to watch in. No matter what you choose, you can’t go wrong with IPVanish.
For everyone concerned that the setup for your IPVanish account is going to be complicated or you will not be able to get it quickly and easily established, they offer several different apps to use. Those include apps for Windows, Mac, Android, iOS, Amazon Fire TV, Linux, and Chrome OS. Additionally, you will find easy setup guides for your router. Of course, you will find others available as well. As you can see, IPVanish has you covered, so whichever system you use will be smooth.
Want to learn more? Read our full IPVanish review.
- Supports TOR connections (slow)
- Unlimited concurrent connections
- They do not use virtual servers
- No-log VPN with third-part audit
- Supports P2P / torrent users
- VPN client could use a refresh
- Lacks Smart DNS