Channel Seven is a national broadcast channel located in Australia, and is one of five in the country. Established in 1956, it got it’s name from the frequency it used when it was started in Melbourne. This station is the highest rated TV station in Australia, and hosts big sporting events like the Australian Open. The online version is partnered with Yahoo, and is free to watch in Australia, but by using a VPN, you can watch from anywhere in the world.
Channel 7 offers a plentiful supply of new and old American TV shows, mixed in with some of it’s own programming, and live sporting events. All desktop browsers are available for streaming, and the Seven Network offers a mobile app as well. Let’s take a look at some of the most popular programming offered.
- Home and Away – A long running Australian drama series, this show began in 1988, and follows the lives and loves of the residents of Summer Bay.
- Blindspot – A 2015 American crime drama series that tells the story of a woman with no memory that is found nude in the middle of New York City with her body fully covered in tattoos. Finding her grabs the attention of the FBI, and they follow the tattoos, thus launching her into a bigger mystery and bringing her closer to discovering the truth about her identity.
- Grey’s Anatomy – Very popular American medical drama/comedy that follows the lives of doctors in Seattle, Washington.
- Marvel Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. – Top rated TV show based on characters from Marvel Comics.
Clearly, the Seven Network has a huge offering of shows including children’s programming and catchup options. If you are in Oz, you can watch as much as you like from their website, without having any additional signups. If you are located outside of Australia, you would need to connect to an Australian server by using a VPN, and you would be able to enjoy it then. Doing that gives you an Australian IP address, and gets you around geo-restrictions. If you try to access the shows without using one, you will receive a message stating that the show is not available to you.
Best VPNs to Unblock Channel 7 Outside Australia
Many residents of Australia use VPNs to access content from outside the country. However, the same techniques apply when searching for a provider that has fast servers within the country. That holds true for streaming an episode of a TV show, or a live sporting event like the Australian Open. In the list below, we provide our favorites. All 3 are offering a discount to our readers, and you may have up to 60% off of an unlimited VPN account. That will help you protect your privacy and unblock channels.
How to Use a VPN to Watch Channel 7
To illustrate how easy this is, we will use ExpressVPN as our example. The first thing you need to do is download the VPN client. Luckily, ExpressVPN offers free apps for iOS and Android, as well as software for Windows, Mac, and Linux.
After your installation, we can get started. Begin by launching the ExpressVPN client, and choose a server location. We will walk you though this process step by step while using the Windows client.
- Since Channel 7 is only available in the Australia, you will want to pick a server there. ExpressVPN has a large network of servers located all over the world.
- We recommend you select OpenVPN (TCP) or (UDP). For streaming videos from sites like YouTube, we use OpenVPN (UDP) because its faster than TCP. They also support PPTP, L2TP, and SSTP. We still recommend OpenVPN UDP for the best mix of speed and privacy protection.
- Click the big round connect button. After a few seconds, you’ll see the shield around the button turn green. There will also be a message letting you know the “VPN is ON”
- You now have an IP address in the Australia, as far as anyone can tell online. As such, you can reach any site as if you were sitting there. The same would be true if you connected to a server in the UK or anywhere else in the world.
It is just that easily done. Since you now have an IP address from the ExpressVPN server in Australia, you may watch channel 7 as much as you like. That applies to other Aussie websites as well, so you could watch Freeview Australia or any other options you wish. That also applies to any other geo-restricted sites.
Clearly, you can see potential access that using a good VPN will provide. Connecting to a server in the US would allow you access to the US catalogue of Netflix, HBO Now, Hulu, or even the music streaming site, Pandora. Of course, you would still need an account for services like Netflix, but the VPN service will help you gain access.
Enjoy all the entertainment that Channel 7 has to offer from anywhere in the world. Please share this post with your friends so they can watch sports, movies, and television shows on Channel 7 outside of Australia with a VPN. Follow us @VPNFan for the latest deals and guides.