From time to time, you may run into a VPN Error 628. That means the remote computer is not able to connect. You’ll see a message telling you that the connection was terminated by the remote computer before it could be completed. This error is caused by connectivity issues and you experience it also as a Modem Error 628. This issue may also be caused by a loss of network signals, improper modem driver, blockage related to firewall and antivirus that is causing network interference. Fortunately, there are some quick and easy ways to fix this issue.
Want to compare our top recommended VPN services? Here are some of the best options to protect your privacy and unblock geo-restrictions. Each VPN offers a 30 day risk-free trial period to test the service.
All you have to do to fix VPN error 628 is follow these steps.
- To begin to address VPN Error 628, you need to make sure that your phone line is working since the issue can be caused by a dial-up or modem problem. Of course, you are likely not to run into this issue since broadband is so common.
- Make sure you regularly update your VPN software. Often times, this can be one of the causes of this issue. Additionally, make sure that the latest firmware version of your router or modem is updated.
- Check your credentials for your VPN account. This has been known to affect and cause error 628 as well.
- If those steps do not solve the issue, your last option is to completely uninstall the modem and re-install it. That should take care of most of the causes of the error
- Another thing you can do is to make sure that RAS is active. Once RAS is enabled, you can perform a check on the Firewall and router settings to ensure that GRE is also active.
If you are using a traditional modem to dial into your internet, you can certainly run across VPN Error 628 since it is a common issue. However, the above tips can help to fix the error and to re-establish the connection without hassle. Again, you will only run into this issue if you are connecting to the internet over a phone line and using traditional methods. Share this post with your friends so they can fix this issue if they encounter it. Follow us @VPNFan for the latest deals and guides.