Because many in the world use Facebook, they find it easy to use the Facebook messenger app on their mobile devices. That said, the messenger app has some definite security issues. In this guide, we will explain to you how to remove the app from your favorite mobile device. Keep in mind you can still talk to everyone on the website as long as you go to the website or regular Facebook app. When you uninstall the app, it will automatically log you out.
How to Uninstall the Facebook Messenger App for iOS
- On your iPhone, locate the icon for Facebook Messenger.
- Next, tap and hold the icon of messenger app.
- Now, you will see an “X” show up on the left top corner of the icon. Click the X for Facebook Messenger.
- From here, you will get a message asking you if you want to delete “Messenger”. Click on the button that says “Delete”.
How to Unistall the Facebook Messenger App for Android
- For Android, locate the “Settings” app.
- Open the “Settings” app (it will typically look like a gear).
3. Now, tap on “Apps & notifications”. That should open up your list of currently installed apps.
4. Select the Facebook Messenger app. When the information opens up on the app, click the button that says “Uninstall”. Please note it may just say “Disable”.
5. When asked if you want to “Uninstall this app”, click “OK”.
How to Uninstall the Facebook Messenger App with Google Play Store
There is one other option that you can use to uninstall the Facebook Messenger App. Simply follow these steps and it will work as well.
- Locate the Google Play Store on your Android device.
- In the search box at the top of the screen, click on the 3 horizontal lines on the left side.
- Now, you will see a bar slide to the left. Click on “My apps & games”
- At the top, click on the heading that says “Installed”.
- Locate the Messenger app, click it, and select “uninstall”. When asked if you want to uninstall this app, click “ok”.
And there you have the 3 ways of uninstalling the Facebook Messenger App on your mobile device. Please share this post with your friends so they can uninstall the Facebook Messenger App. Follow us @VPNFan for the latest VPN reviews and promotions from leading providers.