For the second time in history, the 2021 UEFA Euro tournament will be contested by 24 teams, instead of the standard 16 team format that has been used prior to 2016. That is sure to add a wildcard to the tournament that we have only seen once before. This year is different though. The 2021 Euros will be hosted in 11 different countries. In contrast, the tournament is normally hosted in one country. This time around they wanted to celebrate the 60th anniversary of the European Championship with a diverse list of host cities. Perhaps the pandemic played a role as well. Regardless of which team you are cheering on, you can connect to a VPN server in the UK to watch the Euros live for free. Here are some of our favorites.
How to Stream the UEFA Euro Live from Anywhere with a VPN
We will use ExpressVPN for our guide since they provide a fast connection well suited for streaming live sporting events.
- Sign up for ExpressVPN (includes a 30 day risk-free money-back guarantee).
- Download and install the ExpressVPN app on your device. You can put the app on as many desktop and mobile devices. They even have an app for amazon Firestick.
- Connect to a VPN server in the UK so you can watch local coverage as the tournament progresses.
- Now you will want to visit BBC iPlayer or ITV to watch the matches live. If you don’t already have an account you can use any UK postal code to sign up free.
- Enjoy the UEFA Euro Championship. Best of luck to your favorite team.
- The ExpressVPN support team is available 24/7 via live chat to answer any questions.
2021 UEFA European Championship Broadcasters, Teams, and Host Cities
You can imagine that there are numerous broadcasters worldwide that are covering the matches. Some of the options are free, and others are not. As an example, if you wanted to watch the tournament in the US, it is being covered on ESPN. If you are in the UK, it is on BBC. You may also be traveling, and wish to see specific coverage. No matter what the circumstance is, you could use a VPN to assist you in watching this great tournament. Connect to a server in the United States to watch ESPN+ (with a subscription of course), Germany to watch ARD, local coverage in France via BeIN sports, or from another country for the UEFA 2021 European Championship.
Now let’s take a look at the teams in each group going into the Group Stage:
- Group A – Turkey, Italy, Wales, Switzerland
- Group B – Denmark, Finland, Belgium, Russia
- Group C – Netherlands, Ukraine, Austria, North Macedonia
- Group D – England, Croatia, Scotland, Czech Republic
- Group E – Spain, Sweden, Poland, Slovakia
- Group F – Hungary, Portugal, France, Germany
As you can see by this list, there are many teams that have been in the Euro before. There are also teams that are making their debut in the tournament. A full list of the schedules and match-ups can be found here.
The 2021 Euros will be interesting since no country has the home field advantage through the quarter finals. From the round of 16 on to the semi-finals and finals the matches will take place in London giving England a definite home field advantage. Better yet, hopefully we’ll have stadiums full of fans if health conditions allow for it. I know sports fans are ready to cheer on their favorite team live.
Let’s start by taking a look at the host cities for the group stages:
- Group A – Rome and Baku
- Group B – Saint Petersburg and Copenhagen
- Group C – Amsterdam and Bucharest
- Group D – London and Glasgow
- Group E – Seville and Saint Petersburg
- Group F – Munich and Budapest
The excitement will really heat up with the round of 16 through the finals. Here are the host cities:
- Round of 16 – Amsterdam, Bucharest, Budapest, Copenhagen, Glasgow, London, Seville
- Quarter Finals – Baku, Munich, Rome, Saint Petersburg
- Semi Finals – London
- Finals – London
Enjoy all the excitement during the UEFA 2021 European Championship, and see if the English national team can use their home field advantage. Please share this post with your friends, so they can enjoy the tournament matches from anywhere in the world with a VPN.