The UEFA Champions League is heading into the 2nd leg of the quarter finals. Winners of this round go on to the semi-finals, with the final scheduled on June 1st, 2019. On that date, the finalists will play the last match at Wanda Metropolitano in Madrid. In the last tournament, Real Madrid proved once again that they were the team to beat. Will they be able to assert more Spanish dominance? Watch the remaining matches live online with a VPN. This will unblock any geo-restrictions so you can stream the matches from anywhere in the world.
|Rank||VPN Service||VPN Fan|
How to Use a VPN to Watch UEFA Champions League
I’ll use ExpressVPN for the example of how to use a VPN service to watch UEFA Champions League matches. First you’ll want to download the VPN client. ExpressVPN offers free client software for Windows, Mac and Linux. In addition to free apps for iOS and Android.
Now that you’ve had a chance to download and install the software it’s time to connect. Launch the ExpressVPN client and select a server location. We’ll walk you through step by step using their Windows client.
- Select a server location. For ITV coverage, you must use a server in the UK. As we mentioned, that is because you would be geo-blocked outside of the region. Because of that, you can see we chose a server in London.
- We recommend you select OpenVPN (TCP) or (UDP). For streaming videos from sites like YouTube, we use OpenVPN (UDP) because its faster than TCP. They also support PPTP, L2TP, and SSTP. We still recommend OpenVPN UDP for the best mix of speed and privacy protection.
- Click the big round connect button. After a few seconds, you’ll see the shield around the button turn green. There will also be a message letting you know the “VPN is ON”
- You now have an IP address in the UK, as far as anyone can tell online. As such, you can reach any site as if you were sitting there. The same would be true if you connected to a server in a different region.
And it is just that simple to do. Watching the race on ITV is easy, using this method. If you are from the US and have access to a login, you may login to Fox Sports to watch coverage of the matches.
2019 UEFA Champions League Highlights
The UEFA Champions League tournament was founded in 1955 and has been held every year since then. The most successful team in the tournament’s history is Real Madrid, with 12 wins. For many years, Spanish teams have been the ones to beat. We will see if that trend continues this year.
Now that there are only 8 teams left, the intensity of this tournament is sure to heat up. The 2nd leg begins on April the 16th and finishes on April the 17th. Here is a look at the matchups in the 2nd leg of the quarter finals.
- April 16th – Juventus vs. Ajax and Barcelona vs. Manchester United
- April 17th – Porto vs. Liverpool and Manchester City vs. Tottenham
All of the matches are sure to be good, but there is one matchup that many will have their eyes on. That will be the Manchester United vs. Barcelona match. Going into the 2nd leg, Porto is the top ranked club with 16 points. Will they be able to continue their great season with a win over Liverpool or will Barcelona catch up with a win? Find out on April 17th.
You can imagine that the other games will also draw quite a bit of interest. At this level, there are no bad teams. Truly, no team can be counted out. You can visit Live Soccer TV for a full listing of broadcasts. Here are some popular channels that you can stream the matches on, by using a VPN.
Live streams of the UEFA Champions League tournament:
- Germany – ZDF
- Spain – TVE La Prmiera
- United States – Fox Sports
- United Kingdom – ITV 1 UK
- Asia – Ten Sports
With all this coverage, you may wonder why you would need a VPN to watch the tournament. That depends on your location. If you are from the United Kingdom, but you are in a different country and try to watch your normal coverage, you would be geo-blocked. Media companies use this technique based on the location of your IP address. A VPN will solve that For UK coverage, simply connect to a server there, and watch just as you would if you were still there.
Don’t miss any of the round 16, quarterfinals, or semifinals action. Use a VPN and watch to see if Real Madrid can have another year of Spanish dominance. Please share this post with your friends so they can enjoy the UEFA Champions League. Follow us @VPNFan for the latest VPN reviews and promotions from leading providers.