The Swiss Indoors is an annual tennis tournament held in Basel, Switzerland. This tournament was originally for Swiss players only and started in 1970. This year, it will be held at the St. Jakobshalle from Saturday, October 19th until Saturday, October 27th. There are a few different networks you can watch it on, including ESPN in the US. If you have access to the network, you are all set. If you are not in the US or want to watch specific coverage, you can watch it online providing you connect to a VPN.
How to Watch 2019 Swiss Indoors Tennis Tournament from Anywhere
There are several ways to watch this tournament including Tennis.com, of course, ESPN in the US.
- Sign up for ExpressVPN (includes a 30 day risk-free money-back guarantee)
- Download and install the ExpressVPN app on your device
- Connect to a VPN server in the US so you can definitely get coverage.
- Log in to the ESPN website if you have credentials or if you are outside the US, you can sign up for an external streaming service like Sling TV.
- Enjoy the live streaming access of the 2019 Swiss Indoors Tennis Tournament.
Because this is in open format, the competitors are not set. However, you can expect to see the top-rated tennis players from around the world. The question is, will native-born Roger Federer be able to take his 10th title and win for the 3rd year in a row? You will have to tune in to find out. Again, if you are outside the viewing area, you need to connect to a VPN. We suggest you connect to a VPN in the US or the country you want to watch coverage in of 2019 Swiss Indoors Tennis Tournament. Otherwise, you could and will be geo-blocked.
How to Use a VPN to Watch 2019 Swiss Indoors Tennis Tournament
We’ll use ExpressVPN for the example of how to use a VPN service to stream 2019 Swiss Indoors Tennis Tournament. First, you’ll want to download the VPN client. ExpressVPN offers free client software for Windows, Mac and Linux. In addition to free apps for iOS and Android.
Now that you’ve had a chance to download and install the software, it’s time to connect. Launch the ExpressVPN client and select a server location. We’ll walk you through step by step using their Windows client.
- Select a server location. We suggest you use a server in Australia. As we mentioned, that is because you would be geo-blocked outside of the region. Because of that, you can see we chose a server in Melbourne.
- We recommend you select OpenVPN (TCP) or (UDP). For streaming videos from sites like YouTube, we use OpenVPN (UDP) because it’s faster than TCP. They also support PPTP, L2TP, and SSTP. We still recommend OpenVPN UDP for the best mix of speed and privacy protection.
- Click the big round connect button. After a few seconds, you’ll see the shield around the button turn green. There will also be a message letting you know the “VPN is ON”
- You now have an IP address in the US or wherever your favorite coverage is located, as far as anyone can tell online. Because of that, you can reach any site as if you were sitting there. The same would be true if you connected to a server in a different region.
That’s all there is to it. Now that you have an IP address from the ExpressVPN server in the US, you can browse the Internet as if you were actually there. The same is true from any country. Connect to a server in the United Kingdom to watch Sky Sports or the US if you want to watch other events on ESPN.
Good VPN providers open access to content around the world. If you live outside the United States, the service can help you access popular services like Netflix, Hulu, and Pandora. You still need an account for services like Netflix but the VPN will help you watch US television shows and movies on Netflix as if you were sitting in the United States or any other region you would like to access.
Enjoy all the excitement of the 2019 Swiss Indoors Tennis Tournament, and see If Roger Federer can become the first in the history of the tournament to become 1/5th of the total number of winners in the 50 years it has been held. Please share this post with your friends so they can enjoy this great tennis tournament from anywhere in the world with a VPN. Follow us @VPNFan for the latest deals, guides, and news.