Street Fighter V is the newest installment of Capcom’s Street Fighter series. With this new version due out February 16, 2016 for PC on Steam and for PS4. The series will have reached its 29th year in the business. Street Fighter V is a fighting game that will allow you to play online or solo. Street Fighter V has also been added to the Capcom Pro Tour. The tour has the most skilled players battling it out for a cash prize. With the online aspect of the game there is probably going to be some lag and slow connections. Professional players are also susceptible to DDoS attacks. To help fix these problems I would recommend a VPN. A VPN will change your IP to any location of your choosing. If you pick a IP close to the server you play on then you can reduce lag and speed up your gaming experience. Since a VPN encrypts your data it can give you more protection from DDoS. Also if the the game gets blocked from work or at school by a firewall then a VPN can help you get past it.
How to Use a VPN to Play Street Fighter V (PC)
I’ll use ExpressVPN for the example of how to use a VPN service to play Street Fighter V online. First you’ll want to download the VPN client. ExpressVPN offers free client software for Windows, Mac and Linux. In addition to free apps for iOS and Android.
Now that you’ve had a chance to download and install the software it’s time to connect. Launch the ExpressVPN client and select a server location. We’ll walk you through step by step using their Windows client.
- Since a lot of gamers like to connect to servers in the US, we used that country for our guide. ExpressVPN has a large network of servers located all over the world.
- We recommend you select OpenVPN (TCP) or (UDP). For streaming videos from sites like YouTube, we use OpenVPN (UDP) because its faster than TCP. They also support PPTP, L2TP, and SSTP. We still recommend OpenVPN UDP for the best mix of speed and privacy protection.
- Click the big round connect button. After a few seconds, you’ll see the shield around the button turn green. There will also be a message letting you know the “VPN is ON”
- You now have an IP address in the USA, as far as anyone can tell online. As such, you can reach any site as if you were sitting there. The same would be true if you connected to a server in the UK or anywhere else in the world.
It is just that easy to do. Now that you have an IP address from an ExpressVPN server in the US, you can game, browse the Internet or watch shows as if you were actually there. Connecting to a server in the UK would give you full access to geo blocked sites there as well. The same is true from any country.
As you can probably tell by now a good VPN opens access to content around the world. If you live outside the United States the service can help you access popular services like Netflix, Hulu and Pandora. You still need an account for services like Netflix but the VPN will help you watch US television shows and movies on Netflix as if you were sitting in the United States or any other region you would like to access.
How to Use a VPN to Play Street Fighter V (PS4)
Once again I’ll use ExpressVPN for the example of how to use a VPN service to play Street Fighter V on your game console. They are my favorite VPN for gaming because ExpressVPN manages a very large network which makes the service a great choice for gamers.
The first step to getting set up with ExpressVPN is normally to download the client software for your system. ExpressVPN offers free client software for Windows, Mac and Linux. In addition to free apps for iOS and Android. Obviously that won’t work for PS4, Xbox One, or Nintendo since the game consoles lack the native support for VPN. Luckily, there is still a way to encrypt your gaming traffic and send it through a VPN. The answer is running the VPN through your router. Note: if you don’t need encryption you can use the ExpressVPN MediaStramer (Smart DNS) feature without the need to configure your router. It supports a wide range of gaming consoles.
Depending on what brand and model of router you use, it might support third party VPN services. If so you can get the necessary information from your VPN provider to set up a connection through your router. Otherwise I highly recommend FlashRouters. The FlashRouters team takes popular, brand name routers and flashes them with DD-WRT or Tomato firmware. That allows the devices to have far more features than they would with the factory firmware installed. All FlashRouters come pre-configured with support for VPN.
Street Fighter V Game Highlights
Street Fighter V is a fighting game where you battle against your opponent in a one on one match. The characters are all good, but they each have their advantages and disadvantages. In Street Fighter V the characters are based on 5 statistics: power, health, mobility, technique, and range. Power is how hard the character hits, health is how much HP they have, mobility is how fast they are, technique is unknown, and range is how far a fighters attacks can go. The maximum number for each stat is 5 and the lowest is a 1. Characters stats will change depending on how the game developers need to to tweak the fighter. The characters being used are all either new or from past versions of the game. The fighters and their stats known so far include:
- Ryu: Power 4, Health 3, Mobility 3, Technique 3, and Range 2
- Chun-Li: Power 2, Health 2, Mobility 5, Technique 5, and Range 4
- Nash: Power 3, Health 2, Mobility 3, Technique 4, and Range 2
- M. Bison: Power 4, Health 3, Mobility 4, Technique 3, and Range 3
- Cammy: Power 3, Health 2, Mobility 5, Technique 2, and Range 3
- Birdie: Power 5, Health 5, Mobility 1, Technique 3, and Range 4
- Ken: Power 4, Health 3, Mobility 4, Technique 4, and Range 2
- Necalli: Power 5, Health 2, Mobility 3, Technique 4, and Range 2
- Vega: Power 3, Health 2, Mobility 5, Technique 3 and Range 3
- R. Mika: Power 3, Health 3, Mobility 2, Technique 3, and Range 1
- Rashid: Power 2, Health 3, Mobility 4, Technique 3, and Range 2
- Karin: Power 3, Health 2 Mobility 3, Technique 5, and Range 2
- Zangief: Power 5, Health 5, Mobility 1, Technique 2, and Range 3
- Laura: Power 3, Health 3, Mobility 4, Technique 3, Range 1
- Dhalsim: Power 3, Health 2, Mobility 1, Technique 3, Range 5
- F.A.N.G: Power 2, Health 3, Mobility 1, Technique 3, Range 5
The game’s controls are all different depending on the character that you pick. Each character has different move sets, and out of all of the different controls only kicks and punches are really the same going from character to character. Each character will have at least one of seven types of attacks. These types are normal throws, V-Skills, V-Triggers, V-Reversals, unique attacks, special attacks, and special moves.
Street Fighter V will have its HP gauge on the top along with the fighters picture and names. In the bottom corner it has two things. One is the V-Trigger gauge and when charged up the whole way you can use a hard kick and hard punch at the same time. This will unleash a character V-Trigger move, which can lead to a very different outcome. The other is a EX gauge. When this gauge is being filled you can use special moves. Each special move takes at least one bar out of the whole gauge. These attacks can be very powerful and can help you.
Street Fighter V is Capcom’s newest installment in the series. Capcom along with Sony have partnered to make the game. The graphics are amazing, the game looks great, and it is available for Windows via Steam and PS4. The game’s characters are all unique and their move sets are very advanced. The EX gauge, V-Trigger gauge, and the character different stats make for a game that will have a lot of variety in gameplay. Overall, Street Fighter V is a great online game that you and your friends are sure to enjoy.
Once again I would recommend a VPN to Play Street Fighter V Online. A VPN will help reduce lag, increase connectivity, and get past geo restrictions. professional gamers will also like the added protection from DDoS attacks.
Enjoy all the excitement as you play Street Fighter V online. Please share this post with your friends so they can enjoy gaming from anywhere in the world with a VPN. Follow us @VPNFan for the latest deals and guides.