As one of the most popular prepaid phone companies, Straight Talk offers a great selection of phones for those who want to avoid commitment or simply don’t want to spend a lot of money on their cell phone service. Walmart owns this network, and you can get refills at the store or online. Instead of building its own network, Straight Talk does what other pre-paid phone companies do, they use another carrier’s network. In this case, the company uses the Verizon network. While many consider it secure, we still suggest connecting to a VPN.
How to Connect to a VPN through Straight Talk
If you want to connect to a VPN from anywhere, follow these steps:
- Sign up for ExpressVPN (includes 30 day risk-free money-back guarantee)
- Download and install the ExpressVPN app on your mobile device.
- Connect to a VPN server in your desired location. ExpressVPN has servers in 160+ cities.
- Enjoy the privacy and unrestricted Internet access that the VPN providers.
Available phones and plans
With Straight Talk, you can bring your own unlocked phone or buy one outright. The question is, which one should you choose? Luckily, Straight Talk has several options. It all depends on your preference. They range from the LG Premier Pro Plus, to iPhones, to super high-end phones like the Samsung Galaxt Z Fold3. No matter what your phone or price preference, the Straight Talk network offers it all. To show the differences between this network and others, the company offers four plans.
These plans are:
- Bronze Unlimited – Nationwide calling with calls to Canada and Mexico, and 10GB of data for $35/mo.
- Silver Unlimited – Nationwide + calls to Canada & Mexico, unlimited data, and 5GB of hotspot data for $45/mo.
- Gold Unlimited – Nationwide + calls to Canada & Mexico, unlimited data, and 15GB of hotspot data & 100GB of cloud storage for $55/mo.
- Platinum Unlimited – Nationwide and international calling, Mobile Protect, 20GB of cloud storage, and 100GB of cloud storage for $65/mo.
If you’re looking for a wireless VPN service that’s affordable and reliable, Straight Talk Wireless is a great option. With their unlimited data plan, you can use as much data as you want without having to worry about going over your limit. And with a variety of different plans to choose from, you can find the perfect one for your needs.
Although you get unlimited data on most plans, you still have the option of using Wi-Fi with your phone. Many do that, especially if the place has free WiFi. Usually, system admins don’t secure those networks. With all of the data theft going on these days, open networks pose a big problem. To protect yourself with them, you need to put a VPN client on your Straight Talk Wireless phone. That way, you can ensure your network data stays safe.
While doing that, you can also take advantage of another option. With VPNs, good providers have networks with servers all over the world. If you like to stream and take your streaming with you on the go, you can connect to a VPN to gain access to other regions. That allows you to watch region-specific streaming services anywhere you are.
These days, mobile gaming is a huge market. So are PVP games that you play online. However, you may realize you are not at the same skill level as people around you. Whether you want to connect to a VPN to get a more competitive community or use it to connect to a less competitive one, using a VPN while using your Straight Talk phone can be quite helpful.
VPN considerations for Straight Talk Wireless phones
There are several important features that providers offer, when it comes to Straight Talk Wireless. These are:
- High level encryption protocols – The way that VPNs protect your Straight Talk phone is by using an encryption protocol. You want to look for a provider that offers high level or next generation protocols. These are easy to spot because they include WireGuard, IKEv2, OpenVPN, and ExpressVPN’s Lightway protocol. Although these all have top-notch encryption, some of these are faster than others. Because Lightway and WireGuard are the newest options, you’ll find them to be the fastest option.
- Network stability – If you are gaming or streaming on your phone, network stability is important. No one wants to be in the middle of a show or live event and have the video buffer. If you are gaming, your dropped connection could make the different between winning or losing the PVP match.
- A strict no-logs policy – Since many like to protect their privacy while using a VPN. You’ll want to find a provider that offers a strict no logs policy. If you are on your Straight Talk Wireless phone and using a VPN, you don’t want your information to get sold. By selecting the right provider, you can stop that from happening.
Why we Recommend using ExpressVPN with Straight Talk
When it comes to keeping yourself safe, ExpressVPN is one of the best choices you can make. Whether you are looking for secure encryption protocols, privacy protection features, a strict no-logs policy, or other things, you will find them all with this provider. Additionally, if you have ever had an issue creating a secure password, you are in luck. ExpressVPN has a random password generator on their website that will help you do so. It can generate multiple passwords, and you can securely download the generator page if you wish to use it offline.
ExpressVPN is the #1 rated VPN on our site. We have had the opportunity to compare hundreds of VPN services over the years and ExpressvPN is our favorite. Whether you want to protect your privacy on WiFi networks or unblock streaming services in other countries, ExpressVPN is a good choice. Best of all, you can sign up for 12 months of unlimited VPN access and get 3 months free during our current promotion. The ExpressVPN 30-day money-back guarantee gives you plenty of time to test the service.