Star Wars Battlefront is a game that is being produced by EA. The game releases on November 16th, 2015 on PS4, Xbox One, and PC. The game is a shooter in which you fight in the classic Star Wars universe. The game looks to be a really good game that will be fun to play. The game has put in one thing that sets it apart form the competition. It has a 40 person game mode in which 20 rebels will face 20 imperials. With the game having this online mode and more you might have some lag, slow connections, geographical restrictions, and DDoS attacks. A VPN could help fix these problems.
A VPN will allow you to switch your IP address to another IP around the world. If you pick an IP near the server you play on then you can reduce lag and increase speed. Since it is not your IP, DDoS attacks are less likely to occur. When you connect to a server in a county that supports your game you can get past geographical restrictions.
Star Wars Battlefront has heroes and villains that you can fight as. These heroes and villains include Princess Leia Organa, Luke Skywalker, Han Solo, Boba Fett, Darth Vader. and Emperor Palpatine. You also get to use vehicles like the Slave I, Speeder Bike, AT-ST, AT-AT, TIE Interceptor, TIE Fighter, Snowspeeder, A-wing, X-wing, and the Millennium Falcon.
Star Wars Battlefront has two ways to play. You can play online or offline. Both ways have you fighting the battle between the light and dark side. The two ways of playing have their own different modes. These modes include:
- Training: You can train yourself in the art of ground and air fighting.
- Survival: You fight off the imperials that are invading.
- Battles: Play skill testing missions with or without a friend.
- Hero Battles: Play as the heroes.
- Fighter Squadron: fight in an air battle.
- Supremacy: 40 person battle.
- Cargo: You need to get the enemy cargo and get it back to your base while still protecting your own.
- Droid Run: You and your team of 5 others face another team and have to find and protect the droids that you and the opponents release.
- Walker Assault: 40 person battle where the Empire tries to protect the AT-AT, while the Rebels try to destroy it.
- Blast: 10 Imperials and 10 Rebels fight to the death with only blasters.
- Drop Zone: 8 vs 8 battle where you have to take control of escape pods (Zones) that fly down from the sky.
- Heroes VS Villains: Battles in which you protect heroes or villains to gain points and win.
- Hero Hunt: You are one of the seven opposing side’s members to kill the single hero or villain. You could also be the single hero or villain.
There are four planets that you can fight on. These planets include Endor, Hoth, Sullust, and Tatooine. These planets have specific vehicles, power ups, and star cards based on the planet. Different guns can also be used and they are better for different situations, locations, and game modes.
Star Wars Battlefront has power ups that you get on the planets you fight on. Along with these are Star Cards. These cards are chosen by you and they give you special items that can give you the upper hand. Power ups and Star Cards include:
- Blaster Cannon
- Infantry Turrent
- Orbital Strike
- Proximity Bomb
- Sensor Droid
- Smart Rocket
- Squad Shield
- Thermal Imploder
- Vehicle Turrent
- Cooling Cell
- Cycler Rifle
- Explosive Shot
- Flash Grenade
- Focus Fire
- Impact Grenade
- Ion Grenade
- Ion Shot
- Ion Torpedo
- Jump Pack
- Personal Shield
- Pulse Cannon
- Scan Pulse
- Scout Pistol
- Homing Shot
- Smoke Grenade
- Thermal Detonator
Star Wars Battlefront also has a season pass addition. Season Pass is a digital expansions pack that will give you the four upcoming expansion packs. The first of the four is coming out in early 2016. With the Season Pass you will get access to over 20 new items including weapons, vehicles, and Star Cards. It will also get you 4 more heroes/villains, 16 additional maps for online play, 4 new game modes, and two-weeks of early access to the expansion packs. It is available on November 17, 2015 as well. Note this is not included with the game unless you get the ultimate edition in which it is already included. You can also get it separately from the game itself.
Overall Star Wars Battlefront looks like a fun game. It is available for PC, PS4 and Xbox One. Origin is one of the places that you can get it on PC, while places like Amazon and GameStop will sell the game for PS4 and Xbox One. Star Wars Battlefront will allow you to play as your favorite Star Wars characters and fight for the light or dark side. No matter which side you play for I am sure you and your friends will love this game.
Once again I recommend using a VPN service to play Star Wars Battlefield. A VPN will give you an IP address from the server location you choose. It will also improve performance by improving your ping and protect you from DDoS attacks.
How to Use a VPN to Play Star Wars Battlefront (PC)
I’ll use IPVanish for the example of how to use a VPN service to play Star Wars Battlefront online. First you’ll want to download the VPN client. IPVanish offers free client software for Windows, Mac and Linux. In addition to free apps for iOS and Android.
Now that you’ve had a chance to download and install the software it’s time to connect. Launch the IPVanish client and select a server location. We’ll walk you through step by step using their Windows client.
- Since a lot of gamers like to connect to servers in the US, we used that country for our guide. IPVanish has a large network of servers located all over the world.
- We recommend you select IKEv2 or OpenVPN (UDP). For streaming football games or videos from sites like Netflix we use OpenVPN (UDP). They also support PPTP and L2TP. The IKEv2 and OpenVPN protocols provides a nice mix of fast speeds and privacy protection.
- Click connect. After a few seconds you’ll see the button at the top right turn green. That means you now have an IP address from the US. You’ll also notice the server location and IP address show up at the top of the client.
- You now have an IP address in the USA, as far as anyone can tell online. As such, you can reach any site as if you were sitting there. The same would be true if you connected to a server in the UK or anywhere else in the world.
It is just that easy to do. Now that you have an IP address from an IPVanish server in the US, you can game, browse the Internet or watch shows as if you were actually there. Connecting to a server in the UK would give you full access to geo blocked sites there as well. The same is true from any country.
As you can probably tell by now a good VPN opens access to content around the world. If you live outside the United States the service can help you access popular services like Netflix, Hulu and Pandora. You still need an account for services like Netflix but the VPN will help you watch US television shows and movies on Netflix as if you were sitting in the United States or any other region you would like to access.
How to Use a VPN to Play Star Wars Battlefront (Xbox One and PS4)
Once again I’ll use IPVanish for the example of how to use a VPN service to play Battlefront on your game console. They are my favorite VPN for gaming because IPVanish manages a very fast network which makes the service a great choice for gamers.
The first step to getting set up with IPVanish is normally to download the client software for your system. IPVanish offers free client software for Windows, Mac and Linux. In addition to free apps for iOS and Android. Obviously that won’t work for Wii U since the game console lacks the native support for VPN. Luckily, there is still a way to encrypt your gaming traffic and send it through a VPN. The answer is running the VPN through your router.
Depending on what brand and model of router you use, it might support third party VPN services. If so you can get the necessary information from your VPN provider to set up a connection through your router. Otherwise I highly recommend FlashRouters. The FlashRouters team takes popular, brand name routers and flashes them with DD-WRT or Tomato firmware. That allows the devices to have far more features than they would with the factory firmware installed. All FlashRouters come pre-configured with support for VPN.
Enjoy all the excitement as you play Star Wars Battlefield online. Please share this post with your friends so they can enjoy gaming from anywhere in the world with a VPN. Follow us @VPNFan for the latest deals and guides.