Rocket league is a high intensity soccer and driving game. The game has grown in popularity so much that it is now a well know eSport and is played globally. It is on Windows, PS4, and Xbox One. When playing online you might experience slow connections, lag and DDoS attacks. To help prevent these problems I would recommend a VPN. A VPN will change your IP address to any other IP that you choose. If you choose an IP close to a server you play on then you will be able reduce lag and speed up your connection. Professional players will also appreciate the added bonus of DDoS protection.
|Rank||VPN Service||Price||Visit Site||VPN Stats|
You play a soccer game in which you and your teammates will have to protect your goal while you also try to score. You will be doing all of this while driving your own battle ready ultra powered rocket cars. You can use a number of strategies while playing. You can try to be a goalie and defend your net from aerial and ground shots. You can also try to play offense by using aerials and ground shots to make sure you can keep the opponents guessing while still scoring. You can also play mid by trying to defend and play offense. Another strategy is to crash your car into the opponent near the ball to prevent them from scoring, or you can take out the defender to let your opponent have a better shot at the net.
This game has multiple modes including an online mode, split screen, and even a season mode. Mode descriptions:
- Season: this is a single player mode that does not require Internet access.
- Split Screen: you and a friend can play against or with each other on the same screen, but it is cut into half. This works with up to four people at a time.
- Online: This mode will put you against other people from around the world. You and your randomly generated team will face another team of four. Everyone can play this mode, but it is more intense than the other modes. I strongly recommend using a VPN if you want to connect to a server in another country.
Another interesting part about Rocket League is the cars. You can customize your rocket car and make it better as you pick up items and unlock vehicles. The game has so many customization features that everyone could find a suitable car for themselves. Rocket League also has downloadable content. The DLC normally includes more customization or even full cars like the DeLorean from Back to the Future.
The game will have its own Rocket league Championship Series. The series has a prize pool of $75,000. Their will be open qualifiers and a three month long season. Sign ups start March 25, 2016. If you would like to watch the tournament you can stream it on Twitch.
Once again I recommend using a VPN service to play Rocket League. A VPN will give you an IP address from the server location you choose. It will also improve performance by reducing your ping time (less lag) and protect you from DDoS attacks.
How to Use a VPN to Rocket League (PC)
I’ll use IPVanish for the example of how to use a VPN service to play Rocket League online. First you’ll want to download the VPN client. IPVanish offers free client software for Windows, Mac and Linux. In addition to free apps for iOS and Android.
Now that you’ve had a chance to download and install the software it’s time to connect. Launch the IPVanish client and select a server location. We’ll walk you through step by step using their Windows client.
- Since a lot of gamers like to connect to servers in the US, we used that country for our guide. IPVanish has a large network of servers located all over the world.
- We recommend you select IKEv2 or OpenVPN (UDP). For streaming football games or videos from sites like Netflix we use OpenVPN (UDP). They also support PPTP and L2TP. The IKEv2 and OpenVPN protocols provides a nice mix of fast speeds and privacy protection.
- Click connect. After a few seconds you’ll see the button at the top right turn green. That means you now have an IP address from the US. You’ll also notice the server location and IP address show up at the top of the client.
- You now have an IP address in the USA, as far as anyone can tell online. As such, you can reach any site as if you were sitting there. The same would be true if you connected to a server in the UK or anywhere else in the world.
It is just that easy to do. Now that you have an IP address from an IPVanish server in the US, you can game, browse the Internet or watch shows as if you were actually there. Connecting to a server in the UK would give you full access to geo blocked sites there as well. The same is true from any country.
As you can probably tell by now a good VPN opens access to content around the world. If you live outside the United States the service can help you access popular services like Netflix, Hulu and Pandora. You still need an account for services like Netflix but the VPN will help you watch US television shows and movies on Netflix as if you were sitting in the United States or any other region you would like to access.
How to Use a VPN to Play Rocket league (Xbox One and PS4)
Once again I’ll use IPVanish for the example of how to use a VPN service to play Rocket League on your game console. They are my favorite VPN for gaming because IPVanish manages a very fast network which makes the service a great choice for gamers.
The first step to getting set up with IPVanish is normally to download the client software for your system. IPVanish offers free client software for Windows, Mac and Linux. In addition to free apps for iOS and Android. Obviously that won’t work for PS4, Xbox One, or Nintendo since the game consoles lack the native support for VPN. Luckily, there is still a way to encrypt your gaming traffic and send it through a VPN. The answer is running the VPN through your router.
Depending on what brand and model of router you use, it might support third party VPN services. If so you can get the necessary information from your VPN provider to set up a connection through your router. Otherwise I highly recommend FlashRouters. The FlashRouters team takes popular, brand name routers and flashes them with DD-WRT or Tomato firmware. That allows the devices to have far more features than they would with the factory firmware installed. All FlashRouters come pre-configured with support for VPN.
Enjoy all the excitement as you play Rocket League online. Please share this post with your friends so they can enjoy gaming from anywhere in the world with a VPN. Follow us @VPNFan for the latest deals and guides.