How to use a VPN to stream the Preakness Stakes
- Start by signing up for ExpressVPN which includes a 30-day risk-free money-back guarantee.
- Download and install the ExpressVPN app on your desktop or mobile device.
- You can also use their MediaStreamer service on game console or set top box.
- Connect to a VPN server in the USA to watch on Peacock.
- Cheer your favorite horse and jockey on to victory.
History and odds for the race
Though it was built in 1870, the first Preakness Stakes was not held until 1873. In the fall after the course first opened, the Pimlico Race Course held a very important race at the time called the Dixie Stakes. Horses traveled from all over the country, just to compete. A colt named Preakness won the first Dixie Stakes at the track. To honor the colt, the 1873 race was named the Preakness Stakes. Just imagine, if a different horse would have won the race, the Preakness Stakes would be called something else.
The Pimlico race track is famous for a few different reasons. It is the 8th oldest race track in the US. Though it is the home of the Preakness, there were other famous races run there. One of those races was the Pimlico Special in 1938. In this race, Seabiscuit defeated War Amiral in a highly anticipated race. in 1877, Congress shut down for a day so members could attend “The Great Race”. All of those events have led to the reputation of the track over the years.
Recently, horse racing has become exciting again. American Pharoah rode into history by winning the Grand Slam. If you are not aware, that means winning the Triple Crown plus the Breeders Cup. He joined the ranks of racing greats like Seattle Slew, Secretariat, Citation, War Admiral, and Affirmed by winning the Triple Crown. Since the Breeders Cup is still relatively new, He is the first to win all 4 races. We will be looking to the future to see what other horses have the ability to take such a journey.
Here is a quick look at the current field.
- Justify, 1-2
- Good Magic, 3-1
- Quip, 12-1
- Bravazo, 18-1
- Tenfold, 20-1
- Pony Up, 25-1
- Sporting Chance, 28-1
- Diamond King, 28-1
- Lone Sailor, 30-1
The race will be televised on NBC on Saturday and can be watched online at the NBC Sports Live Extra site. The Broadcast schedule for the Preakness on May 19th is:
- Pre-Race Coverage – 2:30 pm EST on NBCSN
- Preakness Coverage – 5:00 pm EST on NBC
- Preakness Race – 6:45 pm on NBC and streamed live on the NBC Live Sports Extra site
- Preakness Post Coverage – 7:00 pm on NBCSN
Enjoy all the excitement during the 2018 Preakness Stakes. Please feel free to share this post with your friends, so they can enjoy the second race of the Triple Crown and Grand Spam from all over the world with a VPN. Follow us @VPNFan for the latest deals and great guides.