Pokken Tournament came out in July 2015 as an arcade game in Japan. The game was so popular that Nintendo has decided to make a version for the Wii U. The release for the game is March 18th, 2016. Pokken Tournament is set to have an online mode. With the online mode you might experience lag, slow connections, and DDoS attacks. To help fix these problems I would recommend a VPN. A VPN will switch your IP address to another location that you choose. If you pick a VPN location close to the gaming server then you would have less lag and faster connections. Since it is not your normal IP you are less likely to be DDoS attacked.
Pokken Tournament is a fighting game that has you battling as a Pokemon. You will fight in a hexagon arena. The battling system is completely different from Street Fighter since it is not in your traditional two dimensional fighting style game. Because of this the controls for fighting and the overall appearance of the game is very different from Nintendo’s Smash Bros.
The characters that you can play as are obviously Pokemon. All the Pokemon that you can fight as have mega evolutions or a very powerful attack that is associated with them. The characters confirmed for Pokken Tournament Wii U are:
- Blaziken: is a fire/fighting type that has a mega evolution. It is a Generation 3 starters.
- Braixen: is a fire type that has a mega evolution. It is a Generation 6 Pokemon.
- Chandelure: is a ghost/fire type that has a mega evolution. It is a Generation 5 Pokemon.
- Charizard: is a fire/flying type that has a mega evolution. It is a Generation 1 starters.
- Garchomp: is a ground/dragon type that has a mega evolution. It is a Generation 3 Pokemon.
- Gardevoir: is a physic/fairy type that has a mega evolution. It is a Generation 3 Pokemon.
- Gengar: is a ghost/poison type that has a mega evolution. It is a Generation 1 Pokemon.
- Lucario: is a fighting/steel type that has a mega evolution. it is a Generation 4 Pokemon.
- Machomp: is a fighting type that has four arms and is very powerful. It is a Generation 1 Pokemon.
- Mewtwo: is a physic type legendary with a mega evolution. It is a Generation 1 Pokemon.
- Shadow Mewtwo: is the exact same as Mewtwo except it has a different design
- Pikachu: is an electric type that is Ash’s Pokemon in the TV show. It is a Generation 1 starter.
- Pikachu Libre: is the exact same as Pickachu except it has a wrestling outfit.
- Sceptile: is a grass type that has a mega evolution. It is a Generation 3 starter.
- Suicune: is a water type legendary that is pretty powerful. It is a Generation 2 Pokemon.
- Weavile: is a dark/ice type that has a mega evolution. It is a Generation 4 Pokemon.
Along with these characters you can have one support character that you can use to help you in a match. These support characters are lower leveled and will really only be able to assist you a little in the match. Each support character has a different attack or effect that they will use to assist you. The support characters confirmed include:
Three modes are going to be in the game. The game developers confirmed a solo mode, friend mode, and ranked mode. Solo mode is played offline and can be played alone or with one other person with a Wii controller and the Gamepad. Friend mode will be a mode where you and another can fight each other online. Ranked mode is an online mode that will have people fight against one another and there will be a ranking system.
Pokken Tournament Wii U is a fighting game that is unlike most others. The game allows you to fight as Pokemon and have support characters. There are three modes to use the diverse roster in. Overall Pokken Tournament is a game that I think you will enjoy when it comes out March 18, 2016.
Once again I would like to recommend a VPN to play Pokken Tournament Wii U. A VPN will let you change your IP to any other location that you choose. That will make for less lag and faster connections. Gamers will also like the extra protection from DDoS attacks.
How to Use a VPN to Play Pokken Tournament
I’ll use IPVanish for the example of how to use a VPN service to play Pokken Tournament on your game console. They are my favorite VPN for gaming because IPVanish manages a very fast network which makes the service a great choice for gamers.
The first step to getting set up with IPVanish is normally to download the client software for your system. IPVanish offers free client software for Windows, Mac and Linux. In addition to free apps for iOS and Android. Obviously that won’t work for PS4, Xbox One, or Nintendo since the game consoles lack the native support for VPN. Luckily, there is still a way to encrypt your gaming traffic and send it through a VPN. The answer is running the VPN through your router.
Depending on what brand and model of router you use, it might support third party VPN services. If so you can get the necessary information from your VPN provider to set up a connection through your router. Otherwise I highly recommend FlashRouters. The FlashRouters team takes popular, brand name routers and flashes them with DD-WRT or Tomato firmware. That allows the devices to have far more features than they would with the factory firmware installed. All FlashRouters come pre-configured with support for VPN.
Once you have an IP address from the IPVanish server in the United States you can browse the Internet and play online games as if you were actually there. The same is true from any country. Connect to a server in the United Kingdom to unblock access to sites like BBC iPlayer or another country to watch Netflix content in that region.
As you can probably tell by now a good VPN will improve your online gaming experience and opens access to content around the world. If you live outside the United States a VPN can help you access popular streaming services like Netflix, Hulu and Pandora. You still need an account for services like Netflix but the VPN will help you watch US television shows and movies on Netflix as if you were sitting in the United States or any other region you would like to access.
Improve Game Speed and Block DDoS Attacks
If you are having problems with lag and DDoS attacks these recommendations should help:
Ways of fixing issues with lag on Wii U:
- Check your speed at speedtest.net. If your speed is fast on a laptop or tablet, but the Wii U is having issues with lag then your wifi connection may be slowing it down. In this case I recommend you connect the Wii U to your router with a network cable or move the console closer to the router to test the connection.
- If you try these options and the Wii U is still not performing well I would recommend a VPN. Once again a VPN can provide you with a better path to the gaming server which can help reduce lag.
- If you think it is your router having problems then I would recommend you reset it. This can take care of a lot of networking issues. If your router continues to have issues then you might consider a custom DD-WRT or Tomato based device. The custom firmware is well suited for high performance and supports VPN.
How to avoid DDos attacks:
- The best way to avoid DDos attacks is to use a VPN. Once again we recommend ExpressVPN. They run on top of the same game delivery network as Steam and other popular online gaming platforms.
- A VPN will help you avoid DDos attacks by changing your IP address. You can connect to a server in your home country or another region of the world. Doing so will change your IP address which will protect you from DDos attacks since the attacker won’t know what IP address you will be using each time you connect.
Enjoy all the action as you play Pokken Tournament online. Please share this post with your friends so they can enjoy playing from anywhere in the world with a VPN. Follow us @VPNFan for the latest deals and guides.