Plants vs. Zombies is a game that was originally made for Windows and Mac as a tower defense game. Since then the series has grown to have a mobile game, a shooter named Garden Warfare, a second Plants vs. Zombies tower game, and now a second shooter game named Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare 2. GW2 is coming out for PS4, Xbox One, and Windows. It comes out on February 23 in North America. The game has you fight as a plant or zombie trying to beat the other in one of the various game modes. With most of the game modes in the title being online, you might experience lag, slow connection times and DDoS attacks. To fix these problems I would recommend a VPN. A VPN will change your IP address to any other IP location of your choosing. If you pick a VPN near a server that you play on then you will have less lag and faster connections. Since it is not your IP you are more protected from DDoS attacks.
In Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare 2 you will fight as a zombie or a plant class. While playing you will have different special abilities and each class will have its advantages. These classes are similar on each side. The classes include:
- Sunflower: Healer
- Chomper: Melee
- Cactus: Ranged
- Peashooter: Quick
- Citron: Delays enemy
- Rose: Support
- Kernel Corn: Multi-killer
- Scientist: Healer
- All-Star: Close Ranged
- Engineer: Ranged
- Foot Soldier: Quick
- Super Brainz: Melee
- Captain Deadbeard: Damage Dealer
- Imp: Fastest character that can summon a Z-Mech
Like its predecessor, GW2 will have alternate skins with different abilities. Most skins have been transferred to the new game except Chester Chomper, Citrus Cactus, Berry Shooter, and Dr. Chester. There will also be new skins. With the new skins there are also new maps.
- Seeds of Time
- Time Park
- Z-Tech Factory
- Frosty Creek
- Moon Base Z
- Lunar Landing
- Zen Peak
- Boney Island
- Great White North
- Backyard Battleground
- Sandy Sands
In GW2 you will play in various game modes. These game modes include:
- Welcome to the Mat: For Beginners
- Team Vanquish: First to 50 points wins
- Gardens & Graveyards: Plants try to defend from the zombies trying to to turn the yard into a Graveyard.
- Gnome Bomb: Prevent the opposing team from destroying your bomb gnomes while taking out theirs.
- Vanquish Confirmed!: Same as vanquish except you must kill and collect the competitors orb to get a point
- Suburbanization: Fight to gain control of three locations and gain 100 points.
- Mixed Mode: Each round is a different mode and map.
- Garden Ops
- Herbal Assault
- Solo Ops
- New Backyards Battleground
- Flag of Power
- Turf Takeover
Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare 2 has you earn coins as you play. With these coins you can buy card packs that will have skins, potted plants used in Backyard Battleground, different zombie consumables, and skins with different abilities.
The game Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare 2 is a fun shooter. It has all kinds of new game modes to play. Along with this comes new skins to be played on the new maps. The character classes are cool and all have there own ways of being played. Overall I think Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare 2 is a game that you and your friends will enjoy playing.
Once again I recommend using a VPN service to play GW2. A VPN will give you an IP address from the server location you choose. It will also improve performance by improving your ping and protect you from DDoS attacks. It will also help you get past geographical restrictions and the firewalls at school or work.
How to Use a VPN to Garden Warfare 2 (PC)
I’ll use ExpressVPN for the example of how to use a VPN service to play Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare 2 online. First you’ll want to download the VPN client. ExpressVPN offers free client software for Windows, Mac and Linux. In addition to free apps for iOS and Android.
Now that you’ve had a chance to download and install the software it’s time to connect. Launch the ExpressVPN client and select a server location. We’ll walk you through step by step using their Windows client.
- Since a lot of gamers like to connect to servers in the US, we used that country for our guide. ExpressVPN has a large network of servers located all over the world.
- We recommend you select OpenVPN (TCP) or (UDP). For streaming videos from sites like YouTube, we use OpenVPN (UDP) because its faster than TCP. They also support PPTP, L2TP, and SSTP. We still recommend OpenVPN UDP for the best mix of speed and privacy protection.
- Click the big round connect button. After a few seconds, you’ll see the shield around the button turn green. There will also be a message letting you know the “VPN is ON”
- You now have an IP address in the USA, as far as anyone can tell online. As such, you can reach any site as if you were sitting there. The same would be true if you connected to a server in the UK or anywhere else in the world.
It is just that easy to do. Now that you have an IP address from an ExpressVPN server in the US, you can game, browse the Internet or watch shows as if you were actually there. Connecting to a server in the UK would give you full access to geo blocked sites there as well. The same is true from any country.
As you can probably tell by now a good VPN opens access to content around the world. If you live outside the United States the service can help you access popular services like Netflix, Hulu and Pandora. You still need an account for services like Netflix but the VPN will help you watch US television shows and movies on Netflix as if you were sitting in the United States or any other region you would like to access.
How to Use a VPN to Play Garden Warfare 2 (PS4 and Xbox One)
Once again I’ll use ExpressVPN for the example of how to use a VPN service to play Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare 2 on your game console. They are my favorite VPN for gaming because ExpressVPN manages a very large network which makes the service a great choice for gamers. You can also view our Top 10 VPN list for more options.
The first step to getting set up with ExpressVPN is normally to download the client software for your system. ExpressVPN offers free client software for Windows, Mac and Linux. In addition to free apps for iOS and Android. Obviously that won’t work for PS4, Xbox One, or Nintendo since the game consoles lack the native support for VPN. Luckily, there is still a way to encrypt your gaming traffic and send it through a VPN. The answer is running the VPN through your router. Note: if you don’t need encryption you can use the ExpressVPN MediaStramer (Smart DNS) feature without the need to configure your router. It supports a wide range of gaming consoles.
Depending on what brand and model of router you use, it might support third party VPN services. If so you can get the necessary information from your VPN provider to set up a connection through your router. Otherwise I highly recommend FlashRouters. The FlashRouters team takes popular, brand name routers and flashes them with DD-WRT or Tomato firmware. That allows the devices to have far more features than they would with the factory firmware installed. All FlashRouters come pre-configured with support for VPN.
Enjoy all the excitement as you play Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare 2 online. Please share this post with your friends so they can enjoy gaming from anywhere in the world with a VPN. Follow us @VPNFan for the latest deals and guides.