Paladins Champions of the Realm is the new online shooter made by Hi-Rez Studios. The game has been met with a lot of positive reviews. Paladins has a big cast of champions with diverse move-sets. This leads to the competitive play which Hi-Rez Studios has set up. Since the game has been getting so many new players there is bound to be lag, slow connection times, and if your playing competitive you might have DDoS attacks. To help reduce these problems I would recommend a VPN. A VPN will change your IP address to another IP address in the area you select. If you pick an IP address near the server you play on then you will have reduced lag and faster connection times. Since it is not your IP a VPN will protect you from DDoS attacks. A VPN also has the added bonus of getting past geographical restrictions.
Paladins is an online shooter. Paladins has two big game modes. They are Siege and Payload. Siege is where teams battle to capture the center point, get the payload into the enemy team’s base, or keep the other team from getting there payload to your base. Payload is where one team defends from a team getting the payload to there base while the attacking team tries to get the payload to the enemies base. Paladin also has competitive forms of each mode. Paladin has even more game modes in development. Each game mode has different maps. These maps include:
- Frog Isle, Jaguar Falls, Serpent Beach, Fish Market, Timber Mill, Frozen Guard, Ice Mines
- Outpost, Hidden Temple, Frostbite Caverns
- Training Solo: Shooting Range
- Skirmish Arena: For new game mode
The game has a lot of champions. Each champion has its own special moves. There are champions constantly being added which means the way you play is always evolving. A few Paladin Characters include:
- Sha Lin, Mal’Damba, Viktor, Bomb King, Drogoz, Ying, Androxus, Kinessa, Grover, Buck, Evie, Skye, Barik, Fernando, Grohk, Ruckus, Cassie, Pip
You can get cards for champions to increase their abilities, change cosmetics, and power up weapons. There are four different types of cards, which include common, rare, epic, and legendary. Each Character has there own set of cards. Items are another type of card, which can only be used a limited number of times. These cards give you a temporary boost and there are four types which include:
- Attack: Bulldozer, Cauterize, Wrecker, Aggression, Deft Hands
- Defense: Illuminate, Resilience, Blast Shields, Haven
- Healing: Kill to Heal, Rejuvenate, Veteran, Life Rip
- Utilities: Master Riding, Morale Boost, Nimble, Chronos
Paladins Champions of the Realm is an Esport. The game is very new to Esports and competitors are still honing their skills. As new as the game is anyone has a shot at hitting it pro.
Paladins is a online shooter. The game has a lot of champions with different skills. There is a lot of strategy behind the game. Cards and items help you win by giving you buffs. There are multiple maps for fun game modes. Overall Paladins Champions of the Realm is a popular game I think you and your friends will enjoy.
Once again I recommend using a VPN to play Paladins. A VPN will give you an IP address from the server location you choose. It will also improve performance by lowering your ping and protect you from DDoS attacks. It will help you get past geographical restrictions and the firewalls at school or work.
How to Use a VPN to Play Paladins (PC)
I’ll use IPVanish for the example of how to use a VPN service to play Paladins online. First you’ll want to download the VPN client. IPVanish offers free client software for Windows, Mac and Linux. In addition to free apps for iOS and Android.
Now that you’ve had a chance to download and install the software it’s time to connect. Launch the IPVanish client and select a server location. We’ll walk you through step by step using their Windows client.
- Since a lot of gamers like to connect to servers in the US, we used that country for our guide. IPVanish has a large network of servers located all over the world.
- We recommend you select IKEv2 or OpenVPN (UDP). For streaming football games or videos from sites like Netflix we use OpenVPN (UDP). They also support PPTP and L2TP. The IKEv2 and OpenVPN protocols provides a nice mix of fast speeds and privacy protection.
- Click connect. After a few seconds you’ll see the button at the top right turn green. That means you now have an IP address from the US. You’ll also notice the server location and IP address show up at the top of the client.
- You now have an IP address in the USA, as far as anyone can tell online. As such, you can reach any site as if you were sitting there. The same would be true if you connected to a server in the UK or anywhere else in the world.
It is just that easy to do. Now that you have an IP address from an IPVanish server in the US, you can game, browse the Internet or watch shows as if you were actually there. Connecting to a server in the UK would give you full access to geo blocked sites there as well. The same is true from any country.
As you can probably tell by now a good VPN opens access to content around the world. If you live outside the United States the service can help you access popular services like Netflix, Hulu and Pandora. You still need an account for services like Netflix but the VPN will help you watch US television shows and movies on Netflix as if you were sitting in the United States or any other region you would like to access.
How to Use a VPN to Play Paladins (Xbox One and PS4)
Once again I’ll use IPVanish for the example of how to use a VPN service to play Paladins on your game console. They are my favorite VPN for gaming because IPVanish manages a very fast network which makes the service a great choice for gamers.
The first step to getting set up with IPVanish is normally to download the client software for your system. IPVanish offers free client software for Windows, Mac and Linux. In addition to free apps for iOS and Android. Obviously that won’t work for PS4, Xbox One, or Nintendo since the game consoles lack the native support for VPN. Luckily, there is still a way to encrypt your gaming traffic and send it through a VPN. The answer is running the VPN through your router.
Depending on what brand and model of router you use, it might support third party VPN services. If so you can get the necessary information from your VPN provider to set up a connection through your router. Otherwise I highly recommend FlashRouters. The FlashRouters team takes popular, brand name routers and flashes them with DD-WRT or Tomato firmware. That allows the devices to have far more features than they would with the factory firmware installed. All FlashRouters come pre-configured with support for VPN.
Enjoy all the excitement as you play Paladins online. Please share this post with your friends so they can enjoy gaming from anywhere in the world with a VPN. Follow us @VPNFan for the latest deals and guides.