The Manny Pacquiao vs. Keith Thurman fight will take place on July 20th, 2019 on the Premier Boxing Champions on Fox Sports PPV. It will be held at the MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas, Nevada beginning at 9 PM. This fight promises to be a big deal and one you definitely will not want to miss out on. If you want to watch it, you will need to buy the PPV event and be located in the US. If you will be outside the US, you will need to use a VPN.
As you probably know, the Pacquiao vs. Thurman fight is the main event for the night and this highly anticipated welterweight battle could promise to be the fight of the year. Both of these men rarely ever have a bad fight. However, that is not the only fight that is worth watching that evening. Let’s take a look at the other fights.
- Yordenis Ugas v. Omar Figueroa Jr.
- Sergey Lipinets v. John Molina Jr.
- Luis Nery v. Juan Carlos Payano
There are indeed some great fights on the undercard, and it may very well overshadow the main fight.
How to Use a VPN to Watch Pacquiao vs. Thurman Live
We will use ExpressVPN for the example of how to use a VPN service to watch the fight. First, you’ll want to download the VPN client. ExpressVPN offers client software for Windows, Mac, and Linux. Mobile users can download apps for iOS and Android. You can even connect your router to secure every device on your network. It will send all your communications through the VPN which extends support to devices like game consoles and streaming boxes. They even have an app for Amazon Fire TV devices.
Now that you’ve had a chance to download and install the software, go ahead and connect. Launch the ExpressVPN client and select a server location. We’ll walk you through step by step using their Windows client. Keep in mind we are using images from US servers since the Pacquiao vs. Thurman fight is geo-restricted.
- Since Fox PPV only available in the US, you will want to pick a server in the United States. ExpressVPN has a large network of servers located all over the US.
- We recommend you select OpenVPN (TCP) or (UDP). For streaming videos from sites like YouTube, we use OpenVPN (UDP) because it’s faster than TCP. They also support PPTP, L2TP, and SSTP. We still recommend OpenVPN UDP for the best mix of speed and privacy protection.
- Click the big round connect button. After a few seconds, you’ll see the shield around the button turn green. There will also be a message letting you know the “VPN is ON”
- You now have an IP address in the USA, as far as anyone can tell online. As such, you can reach any site as if you were sitting there. The same would be true if you connected to a server in the UK or anywhere else in the world. Keep in mind you will need an external streaming service to be able to watch the fight.
It is just that easy to do. Now that you have an IP address from an ExpressVPN server in the US, you can browse the Internet or watch the Pacquiao vs. Thurman fight as if you were actually there. The same is true from any country, but you will want to connect to a server in the US to watch.
Enjoy all of the great fights during the Pacquiao vs. Thurman main event and the undercard. Share this post with your friends so they can enjoy the fights from anywhere in the world by using a VPN. Follow us @VPNFan for the latest deals and guides.