Omegle is a fun website to use. Many people enjoy the site on a daily basis. However, sometimes you may find yourself banned from the website. Unfortunately, the company may not be entirely transparent on the specific reasons you were banned. If you have this issue, there are a few things you can do. After a few days, you can get yourself unbanned. That said, there is an easier and quicker way to resolve this issue, and that is to use a VPN.
If you are not aware, Omegle is a free online chat website that matches users randomly. While there, users can text or video chat one-on-one. Additionally, there is a “spy mode” that allows the user as a spy by asking a question of “two strangers”. The spy can then view the ensuing conversation. The conversations are completely anonymous and it does not require any sort of registration. That said, you can log in to your FB if you do not mind a bit of corssover with interests.
Why Do Users Get Banned from Omegle?
If you do not feel like you have done anything wrong, there are some basic reasons why users get banned from the site.
- “Strangers” drop you regularly – If you get dropped by stangers on a regular basis, the website will take notice and become suspicious. If this happens, you may wish to do an attitude check.
- Someone has reported you – While this can be related to the first one, if you have actually offended someone, they can report you. The other possibility is they are a jerk and enjoy seeing others getting banned.
- TOS vilolations – This one is easy to do and could be something a simple as playing copyrighted music or having a TV show playing while you are chatting.
As we mentioned, the chats are anonymous. That means the only way the website can block you is to ban your IP address. That said, there are two ways to get unbanned. You can either wait a few days until the ban wears off, or change your IP address. If you do not want to wait for the system to allow you to chat again, the best way to change your IP address is by using a VPN. What you do is you connect to the server of your choice. That will hide your true IP and assign you another one from the server you connect to. When you do, you should be able to access chats on the website as you expect to be able to. If you are still having issues accessing chats after that point, we suggest switching servers. Since it is a shared IP address, someone else may have caused the ban. Simply switch VPN servers and you should be ok.
How Do I Unblock Omegle with a VPN?
This part is fairly simple and will work for your needs. It should work just fine to help you get around being banned. While there are some free VPNs that may work, there are also risks involved with using them. Keep in mind that connecting to a free VPN may sound like a good idea, but they have strict regulations on usage. That is why we as you to please follow the easy steps below.
- Sign up for service with one of the VPN providers we mentioned above. We suggest using ExpressVPN. They have a 30-day money back guarantee.
- Download the VPN client that matches the device you want to use.
- Log in with your credentials and select a server (you will want to choose one in a different location).
- Connect to the Omegle website and begin chatting again.
As you can see, using a VPN is a convenient and simple way to change your IP so you can use Omegle. Please share this post with your friends so they can unblock Omegle no matter where they are. Follow us @VPNFan for the latest deals and guides.