The Melbourne Cup is the oldest and most famous annual Thoroughbred horse race in Australia. The course is 3200 meters long and is for 3-year-old horses. This year, it will be held at the Flemington Racecourse on Tue, Nov 1, 2022 at 3 PM local time. Interestingly, Melbourne Cup Day is a state holiday in Victoria. If you are in Australia, you can watch it on Channel 10. If you are not in Australia, you would typically be blocked from seeing this wonderful race and festival unless you use a VPN.
How to Watch 2022 Melbourne Cup from Anywhere
There are several ways to watch this race including betting sites and, of course, Channel 10.
- Sign up for ExpressVPN (includes a 30 day risk-free money-back guarantee)
- Download and install the ExpressVPN app on your device
- Connect to a VPN server in Australia so you can definitely get coverage.
- Enjoy the live streaming access of the 2022 Melbourne Cup.
Melbourne Cup 2022 Horses
Now, we will take a look at the horses that will be running this race. This is in order from the favorite to the horse with the longest shot.
4. Cross Counter
6. Il Paradiso
7. Master Of Reality
8. Raymond Tusk
11. Southern France
12. Magic Wand
13. Raheen House
14. Steel Prince
15. Surprise Baby
17. Gold Mount
18. Mer De Glace
19. Prince Of Arran
21. Twilight Payment
24. Glory Days
25. King Of Leogrance
26. Mr Quickie
27. Vow And Declare
28. Mirage Dancer
Horse racing has been huge in Australia for quite some time. However, if you are outside the viewing area, you need to connect to a VPN. We suggest you connect to a VPN in Australia to watch the coverage of 2020 Melbourne Cup. Otherwise, you could and will be geo-blocked.
How to Use a VPN to Watch 2022 Melbourne Cup
We’ll use ExpressVPN for the example of how to use a VPN service to stream 2022 Melbourne Cup. First, you’ll want to download the VPN client. ExpressVPN offers free client software for Windows, Mac and Linux. In addition to free apps for iOS and Android.
Now that you’ve had a chance to download and install the software, it’s time to connect. Launch the ExpressVPN client and select a server location. We’ll walk you through step by step using their Windows client.
- Select a server location. We suggest you use a server in Australia. As we mentioned, that is because you would be geo-blocked outside of the region. Because of that, you can see we chose a server in Melbourne.
- We recommend you select OpenVPN (TCP) or (UDP). For streaming videos from sites like YouTube, we use OpenVPN (UDP) because it’s faster than TCP. They also support PPTP, L2TP, and SSTP. We still recommend OpenVPN UDP for the best mix of speed and privacy protection.
- Click the big round connect button. After a few seconds, you’ll see the shield around the button turn green. There will also be a message letting you know the “VPN is ON”
- You now have an IP address in Melbourne, as far as anyone can tell online. As such, you can reach any site as if you were sitting there. The same would be true if you connected to a server in a different region.
That’s all there is to it. Now that you have an IP address from the ExpressVPN server in Australia, you can browse the Internet as if you were actually there. The same is true from any country. Connect to a server in the United Kingdom to watch Sky Sports or the US if you want to watch other events.
Good VPN providers open access to content around the world. If you live outside the United States, the service can help you access popular services like Netflix, Hulu, and Pandora. You still need an account for services like Netflix but the VPN will help you watch US television shows and movies on Netflix as if you were sitting in the United States or any other region you would like to access.
Enjoy all the excitement of the 2022 Melbourne Cup, and see which of the horses will take the victory. Please share this post with your friends so they can enjoy this great horse race from anywhere in the world with a VPN. Follow us @VPNFan for the latest deals, guides, and news.