As is typical at Apple’s 2022 WWDC conference, the company announced its new version of the Macintosh operating system. This version is called macOS Ventura, or just Ventura for short. The highlight of this new operating system is a feature they call the Stage Manager. What is the Stage Manager, you may ask? It’s a new way to multitask. Despite the human inability to multitask well, this feature fights busy desktops. Instead of having opened windows on the desktop, one of your windows floats in the center of the screen. Meanwhile, other apps go to a left navigation bar. No matter how good things get, we suggest using a VPN with macOS Ventura.
Ventura has some other nifty features as well. Let’s look at some of them. These include:
- Cross-device continuity – Since programs like Facetime are cross-device, you have the ability to apps like that one on a larger device like a Macbook Pro or iPad. However, the camera on a MacBook Pro won’t ever be able to compete with the one on your iPhone. That means you can use the sub-par camera on your Macbook or your iPhone and deal with a smaller screen. Wouldn’t it be nice if you could do both? Well, with Ventura, you can. You can attach your iPhone to the top of your Macbook Pro. You can now take advantage of the technology on your iPhone and still use Facetime and others apps on your Macbook. You can even use the LED as a makeshift light ring for your favorite apps.
- Redesigning of System Preferences – This is one that always puzzled us. Since Apple makes mobile software and macOS operating systems, it only makes sense to call them the same thing in both places. It is not like you have to contend with Windows and Google. Apple has finally done it and now calls System Preferences Settings. That brings it more towards iOS labeling. Today, 60% of all computing is done via mobile phone. Why wouldn’t you try to avoid confusion by calling them the same things?
- Tweaking of the messages app – As good as the messages app is, Apple added some functionality that many may appreciate. Have you ever sent a message to someone and have message regret? That is pretty common. The other person may not have read the statement yet, but you had to send it when you did. Although you realize you may have to deal with consequences, wouldn’t it be easier if you could change the wording or even unsend the message you just sent? You can now do both of those with Ventura.
Of course, you are sure to discover more features of Ventura. Even with all the new features, you are still vulnerable to attack. That is especially true if you connect to public WiFi. By connecting to a VPN, however, you can take the extra step to secure your privacy. The layer of encryption will help safeguard you and your data.
How to choose the best VPN for macOS Ventura
Choosing a VPN for Ventura can be tricky. However, there are things you need to look for:
- Does the VPN use next-generation encryption protocols? – Protection is important, but so is speed. If the provider is offering next-gen protocols, it gives you the best security possible. Keep in mind, that some protocols are faster than others.
- How stable is the network? – No one wants their network to come and go. If you are in the middle of something with Ventura, the last thing you need is your connection to drop. Choose a provider that has multiple servers. That gives a better chance of staying connected no matter what you are doing.
- Are the servers fast? – Much like the one above, bigger networks will usually mean faster options. That’s because the user base is spread over more servers. Those servers are less crowded and usually give you a faster speed.
Let’s take a closer look at some of the best VPNs for macOS Ventura:
A big issue that some VPN providers have involves location. ExpressVPN is under the laws of the British Virgin Islands. This makes a difference because it places the VPN outside of the jurisdiction of the “14 eyes” countries. If you are not aware, that is an alliance of countries that share information. In other words, if one country has access to it, the all 14 nations do as well. When combined with their no-logs policy, you can feel confident that ExpressVPN will help to keep you and your information safe.
Of course, you can find sports fans all over the world. Because different events interest different people, you can expect strong regional support where the event takes place. What you can not always expect, however, is to be able to watch it if you are outside the area. The idea is to connect to a VPN server from ExpressVPN. As long as you connect to one in the area of the sporting event, you will be able to watch the local broadcast. Just make sure you have an account for one of the streaming options for the event.
ExpressVPN is our top-rated VPN service of 2022. Regardless of your goals for using a VPN, ExpressVPN combines a robust network with privacy features to keep you protected. We commonly use it to protect our privacy while traveling and to access our favorite streaming services back home. While you can sign up for monthly access, we recommend you take advantage of this exclusive deal that gives you 3 extra months free when you sign up for a year. You can also get a full refund within 30 days if you’re not completely satisfied, so you can test their network with ExpressVPN’s money-back-guarantee.
If you are in the market for a VPN provider that is easy to operate, NordVPN is an excellent option to choose. Gone are the days when you had to be computer savvy to be able to connect to a VPN. Once you sign up, you simply need to download the version you want to use. The NordVPN client is available for Android, Windows. Linux, macOS, iOS, and Android. It also has browser extensions for Mozilla Firefox and Google Chrome browsers.
As the world gets smaller, some sports become more visible in other countries. Whether you enjoy watching the English Premier League, American football, or others, you may have an issue doing that unless you connect to a VPN server from NordVPN. For example, if you want to watch an EPL match and have an active subscription, you’ll simply connect to a UK server and you should be able to enjoy them. You can say the same for other countries as well since NordVPN has thousands of VPN servers to choose from.
If you are going to visit a country or you live in a region that censors content, Private Internet Access is an excellent option to use. With the various safeguards and features that the company has, you will be able to defeat this type of censorship. Whether you are trying to access social networks, political discourse websites, or any other kind of banned content, you can be sure that Private Internet Access will help you access all the content you want to see.
If you are a gamer and you play match-based games, connecting to a VPN with Private Internet Access is a good idea. That is because most of the time, the gaming companies assign you to a server in a specific area. The way to change your area is to connect to a VPN in a different and less busy area. By doing so, you do not have to contend with many of the elements that would cause you to lag. That can be a significant benefit whether you are playing casually or competitively.
For gamers, one of the best ways to help you avoid lag is to connect to a VPN like CyberGhost. Unfortunately, lag can quickly become a big deal. When you connect to a VPN, you will create an alternative path to the game server. By doing so, you lessen the distance between your connection and the game server. That way, you will be able to reduce lag. No matter whether you play casually or more competitively, it is hard to deny the benefits of CyberGhost.
While VPNs are great, there are times when you may need to protect yourself more accurately with a dedicated IP address. Of course, CyberGhost gives you the option to use one. There are several benefits to doing so. That includes avoiding blacklisting (because reckless people can get the service’s IP address banned), avoiding Captchas (because sites will notice multiple logins from the same IP address), allowing banking transactions, and more. Unlike other companies that offer a dedicated IP, CyberGhost seems to provide it for all seven devices.
One of the significant advantages of using IPVanish when you’re gaming is to help you get around lag. While you may not think about it, using a VPN may make your game faster because of network congestion. Whether you game competitively or just casually, using a VPN could make a difference between in-game life and death. All you have to do is connect to the closest server to you, and you may be able to get around any issues that the lag causes.
When you are trying to protect your privacy, making sure your different apps and websites have unique passwords is crucial. However, many users struggle with that. Luckily, you get access to a password generator provided by IPVanish. Of course, that will help you come up with a secure and unique password. Whether you want to come up with one or hundreds, you can create passwords that are up to 64 characters long, and you can choose the quality strength. Additionally, you can omit similar characters and copy your new passwords to a clipboard.