Heroes of the Storm is a MOBA made by Blizzard. The game is close to the hearts of many Blizzard fans because it incorporates characters from all of their popular franchises. Each character is uniquely made to fit its other game counterpart. Using these unique move-sets correctly, you can bring out the characters full potential and maybe even play competitively. With Heroes of the Storm being online there is going to be lag, slow connection time, and possibly some DDoS attacks. To help solve these problems I recommend a VPN. A VPN will allow you to change your IP address to another IP near the location you choose. If you pick an location near the server you play on you will have less lag and faster connection. Since it is not your IP address you are less likely to be DDoS attacked. With the game being a Blizzard game it is more likely to be blocked by a firewall. Luckily a VPN helps you get past firewalls and geo-restrictions by allowing you to change your IP address.
Heroes of the Storm is a game in which you are responsible for working with your teammates to defeat the enemy. The game itself might seem easy enough, but it is much harder than it seems. With the complex strategies and different game modes the game gets increasingly difficult. The game modes include:
- Basics needed before seeing game modes: You play as a hero working with others to defeat the other team. There are minions that spawn for each team and they can help you level and take over the other team. You must defeat the other team’s towers to be able to get to there base and take out there main tower (also know as the nexus).
- Practice: You with AI vs AI. Basic rules apply.
- Versus AI: You and others online vs AI. Basic rules apply.
- Quickplay: You and others vs other online competitors. Basic rules apply.
- Heroes Brawl: Different challenge each week.
- Custom Matches: Whatever you choose.
- Hero League: Must be solo to get in. Basic rules apply.
- Team League: Must have a team of five already in your party. Basic rules apply.
Each game mode is played on a map. Every map has special rules to it which affects gameplay. This means that depending on the map you get you may do better. Maps include: Tower of Doom, Infernal Shrines, Battlefield of Eternity, Tomb of the Spider Queen, Sky Temple, Garden of Terror, Blackheart’s Bay, Dragon Shire, Haunted Mines, Cursed Hollows, Braxis Holdout, Punisher Arena, and Warhead Junction.
Heros are who you play as. Heroes are divided into four categories: assassins attack to kill, warriors take the mightiest of blows, supports help the team out throughout the match, and specialists have a unique move-set that can change the course of the game. Characters in the categories include:
- Assassins: Ragnaros, Varian, Samuro, Alarak, Gul’dan, Chromie, Tracer, Greymane, Lunara, Cho’gall, The Butcher, Kael’thas, Thrall, Jaina, Tychus, Falstad, Illidan, Kerrigan, Nova, Raynor, Valla, and Zeratul.
- Warriors: Varian, Zarya, Dehaka, Cho’gall, Artanis, Rexxar, Leoric, Johanna, Anub’Arak, Chen, Arthas, Diablo, E.T.C., Muradin, Sonya, Stitches, and Tyrael.
- Supports: Auriel, LT. Morales, Kharazim, Rehgar, Brightwing, Li Li, Malfurion, Tassadar, Tyrande, and Uther.
- Specialists: Medivh, Xul, Sylvanas, The Lost Vikings, Azmodan, Zagara, Murky, Abathur, Gazlowe, Nadeebo, and SGT. Hammer.
Using the in game currency You can buy characters so that you don’t have to wait for them to be free to play again. Once you have a character you can play constantly or you can train with them. The better you become the better people you will be able to face. You can play anyone from a person who is just playing their first match to an elite gamer it just depends on how you play.
Heroes of the Storm is a popular MOBA made by blizzard. The game is very competitive and is even an Esport. The game has a lot of strategy involved and lots of ways to play. With diverse characters and maps you won’t be disappointed. Overall this is a game I am sure you and your friends will love to play.
Once again I recommend using a VPN service to play Heroes of the Storm online. A VPN will give you an IP address from the server location you choose. It will improve performance and reduce lag. Elite gamers will also appreciate the added protection from DDoS attacks.
How to Use a VPN to Play Heroes of the Storm
I’ll use ExpressVPN for the example of how to use a VPN service to play Heroes of the Storn. First you’ll want to download the VPN client. ExpressVPN offers free client software for Windows, Mac and Linux. In addition to free apps for iOS and Android.
Now that you’ve had a chance to download and install the software it’s time to connect. Launch the ExpressVPN client and select a server location. We’ll walk you through step by step using their Windows client.
- Since a lot of gamers like to connect to servers in the US, we used that country for our guide. ExpressVPN has a large network of servers located all over the world.
- We recommend you select OpenVPN (TCP) or (UDP). For streaming videos from sites like YouTube, we use OpenVPN (UDP) because its faster than TCP. They also support PPTP, L2TP, and SSTP. We still recommend OpenVPN UDP for the best mix of speed and privacy protection.
- Click the big round connect button. After a few seconds, you’ll see the shield around the button turn green. There will also be a message letting you know the “VPN is ON”
- You now have an IP address in the USA, as far as anyone can tell online. As such, you can reach any site as if you were sitting there. The same would be true if you connected to a server in the UK or anywhere else in the world.
It is just that easy to do. Now that you have an IP address from an ExpressVPN server in the US, you can game, browse the Internet or watch shows as if you were actually there. Connecting to a server in the UK would give you full access to geo blocked sites there as well. The same is true from any country.
As you can probably tell by now a good VPN will improve your online gaming experience and opens access to content around the world. If you live outside the United States the service can help you access popular services like Netflix, Hulu and Pandora. You still need an account for services like Netflix but the VPN will help you watch US television shows and movies on Netflix as if you were sitting in the United States or any other region you would like to access.
Enjoy all the action as you play Heroes of the Storm online. Please share this post with your friends so they can enjoy Heroes of the Storm from anywhere in the world with a VPN. Follow us @VPNFan for the latest deals and guides.