The Grammy Awards ceremony recognizes the best musicians, recordings, and compositions for the current year of eligibility. The time period starts on October 1st and finishes on September 30th of the following year. The 2018 Grammy Awards will take place on January 28th at 7:30 PM and end at 11 PM at Madison Square Garden in New York City. If you will be in the US at the time, it will be broadcast on CBS. If you will be traveling or are not located there, you will need to watch it online with a VPN.
Best VPN to Watch the Grammy Awards
|Rank||VPN Service||Price||Visit Site||VPN Stats|
The Grammy Awards ceremony (originally called the Gramophone Awards) is presented by the Recording Academy and first took place on May 9th, 1959. The first one was held at the Beverly Hills Hilton and the Park Sheraton Hotel in New York City simultaneously. The original name of the award was suggested to be called the “Eddie” in honor of Thomas Edison, but the name that was settled on was in honor of the Gramophone. Though the second ceremony was also held in 1959 and was televised, it was not shown live until 1971.
As we mentioned, coverage for this broadcast will start at 7:30 PM EST on CBS. If you want to watch the show online, you can watch it on CBS.com if you have a cable or satellite provider. You can also watch it live on CBS All Access. If you won’t be in the US at the time, using a VPN is a good idea. That is because the company will block access to the stream based on the location of your IP address. A VPN will take care of that by assigning you an IP address in the United States.
Let’s take a look at some of the performers and songs you can expect to see on the show.
- Lady Gaga
- Childish Gambino
- Little Big Town
- Ben Platt
- Patti LuPone – “Don’t Cry for Me Argentina”
- Bruno Mars and Cardi B – “Finesse (Remix)”
- DJ Khaled, Rihanna and Bryson Tiller – “Wild Thoughts”
- Luis Fonsi and Daddy Yankee – “Despacito”
- Logic, Alessia Cara and Khalid – “1-800-273-8255”
- Kesha with Camila Cabello, Cyndi Lauper, Julia Michaels and Andra Day – “Praying”
- Kendrick Lamar
- Elton John and Miley Cyrus
- Sam Smith
- Eric Church, Maren Morris and Brothers Osborne – tribute to the victims of the 2017 Las Vegas shooting
- Jon Batiste
- Zuleyka Rivera
- Chris Stapleton and Emmylou Harris
The awards are divided into types of music and then specifics in each category. There are more than we are mentioning here, but some of the major categories are:
- Contemporary Instrumental
- New Age
- Gospel/Contemporary Christian Music
- American Roots
- World Music
- Spoken Word
- Musical Theatre
- Music for Visual Media
Here are some of the subcategories.
- Record of the year
- Album of the Year
- Song of the Year
- Best New Artist
- Best Solo Performance
- Best Duo / Group Performance
- Best Traditional Vocal Album
- Best Vocal Album
Don’t miss all the excitement of the 2018 Grammy Awards. Please share this post with your friends so they can enjoy the show from anywhere in the world with a VPN. Follow us @VPNFan for the latest deals and guides.