If you are a fan of Cricket, you probably know that the English Cricket Team is doing its seasonal tour of South Africa. From July 19th to September 12th, 2022, the team will play four test matches (the long-form of cricket matches), three One Day Internationals (limited overs), and 3 of the Twenty20 Internationals. If you live in Oceania, South Africa, parts of the UK or parts of Asia, you are all set. If you are not in those areas, you will miss out unless you connect to a VPN. A VPN will help you avoid any geo-restrictions.
How to Watch 2022 England vs. South Africa Cricket Tour from Anywhere
There are several networks that will show coverage. For the sake these intructions, we will use Sky Sports.
- Sign up for ExpressVPN (includes a 30 day risk-free money-back guarantee)
- Download and install the ExpressVPN app on your device
- Connect to a VPN server in the UK so you can get coverage.
- Enjoy the live streaming access of the 2022 England vs. South Africa Cricket Tour after logging into the Sky Sports website.
Let’s take a look at the different areas and networks that will cover the tour.
- Supersport – South Africa
- Sky Sports – United Kingdom and Ireland
- Ten Sports – India, Pakistan, Sri Lanka and Bangladesh
- Sky Sport – New Zealand
- Fox Sports – Australia
- ESPN+ – United States
Additional channels and streaming services that will be covering the matches include Willow TV, Sling TV, and Hotstar. As you can see, there are only a few channels that will carry coverage for this tour. Typically, you will need to enter your credentials. If you do not have them or are not in the area, you will need to connect to a VPN. Otherwise, you could and will be geo-blocked.
How to Use a VPN to Watch the England vs. South Africa Cricket Tour
We’ll use ExpressVPN for the example of how to use a VPN service to stream 2022 England vs. South Africa cricket tour. First, you’ll want to download the VPN client. ExpressVPN offers free client software for Windows, Mac and Linux. In addition to free apps for iOS and Android.
Now that you’ve had a chance to download and install the software, it’s time to connect. Launch the ExpressVPN client and select a server location. We’ll walk you through step by step using their Windows client.
- Select a server location. You are welcome to use one in any of the countries we mentioned, provided you have credentials. As we mentioned, that is because you would be geo-blocked if you are not in the correct area.
- We recommend you select OpenVPN (TCP) or (UDP). For streaming videos from sites like YouTube, we use OpenVPN (UDP) because it’s faster than TCP. They also support PPTP, L2TP, and SSTP. We still recommend OpenVPN UDP for the best mix of speed and privacy protection.
- Click the big round connect button. After a few seconds, you’ll see the shield around the button turn green. There will also be a message letting you know the “VPN is ON”
- You now have an IP address in one of the countries that we mentioned, as far as anyone can tell online. Now, you can reach any site as if you were sitting there. The same would be true if you connected to a server in a different region.
That’s all there is to it. Now that you have an IP address from the ExpressVPN server in for whatever country you chose, you can browse the Internet as if you were actually there. The same is true from any country. Connect to a server in the United Kingdom, Ireland, New Zealand to watch Sky Sports, a server in South Africa for Supersport, India, Pakistan, Sri Lanka, or Bangladesh for Ten Sports, or even Australia for Fox Sports.
Enjoy all the excitement of the 2022 England vs. South Africa cricket tour, and see which team will come out on top. Please share this post with your friends so they can enjoy the great matches from anywhere in the world with a VPN. Follow us @VPNFan for the latest deals, guides, and news.