Tom Clancy’s The Division is an online shooter. It is played on teams and it is very competitive. In the game you can play with friends online. Tom Clancy’s The Division has recently had a lot of lag and DDoS attacks. To help fix these problems I would recommend a VPN. A VPN will change your IP address to an IP according to the server you select. If you pick a location close to the main server you play on then you could have reduced lag and better connection speed. Elite gamers will also like the extra protection a VPN gives them from DDoS attacks. A VPN will also allow you to get past any geographical restrictions or firewalls that might be keeping you from playing the game.
Tom Clancy’s The Division has you fighting in New York City. There are several maps, but most of Manhattan and the Dark zones maps are unlocked through leveling up. Manhattan is split into 16 districts and the Dark zones are split into 6 sections.
The Division has several weapons that are used. Players can level up and gain abilities to help them. Gear can be used and you can equip up to 6 pieces of it. As for abilities there are skills you can obtain, talents that you can use, and perks that you can unlock.
- Assail Rifle
- ACR, AK-47, AK-74, LOVA-C, LWRC M6, Classic FAL, M4, Mk17 SR, SA-58, POF P416, SCAR-L
- Light Machine Gun
- L86 LSW, M60, RPK-74, M249 B
- Marksman Rifle
- M14, M44, R700, SOCOM M1A, SRS, SCAR-H
- 586 Magnum, M1911, M9, PF45, Px4 Storm
- Submachine Guns
- T821, MP5, MP7, Vector, SMG-9, AUG A3
- Double Barrel Sawed Off, Double Barrel Shotgun, M870, M1014, SASG-12, Saiga-12, Super 90
- Body Armor
- Knee Pads
- Medical skills
- Pulse, First Aid, Support Station, Recovery Link
- Tech Skills
- Sticky Bomb, Turret, Seeker Mine, Tactical Link
- Security Skills
- Ballistic Shield, Smart Cover, Mobile Cover, Survival Link
- Medical skills
- Medical Talents
- Adrenaline, Shock and Awe, Critical Save, Combat Medic, Strike Back, Shrapnel, Battle Buddy, Triage
- Tech Talents
- Tactical Advance, Police Up, Evasive Action, Wildfire, Death by Proxy, Tech Support, Fear Tactics, Demolition Expert
- Security Talents
- Steady Hands, Precision, Desperate Times, Repo Reaper, One is None, Stopping Power, Chain Reaction, On the Move
- Medical Talents
- Medical Perks
- Medkits, Protective Measures, Canned Food, Supplier, Contamination Intel, Hazardous Materials, Rigger, Credit, Talents
- Tech Perks
- Inventory, Hazardous Materials, Division Tech Materials, Engineer, Soda, Water, Craftsman, Energy Bar, Resource Assessment, Stat Switch, Dark Zone Funds, Stash
- Security Perks
- Experienced Agent, Grenades, Advanced Weaponry, Combat Veteran, Hazardous Materials, Black Market Vendor, Clothes Vendor, Explosive Bullets, Gunsmith, Scavenger, Incendiary Bullets, Special Ammo, Shooting Range, Intel Discovery, Collectors
- Medical Perks
While fighting you will be against enemies from six factions. The six factions are Division Agents, Cleaners, Rikers, Rioters, Joint Task Force, and Last Time Battalion. Defeating these factions and winning matches can get you loot. The different types of loot include Worn, Standard, Specialized, Superior, High-End, and Gear Set. You can use materials to craft weapons. You can start Clans and Guilds to fight competitively online. In these teams you will work towards becoming the best.
In conclusion Tom Clancy’s The Division is a very fun and competitive shooter. It has a lot of combat options. There are clans that can be built. There is also a lot of maps to played on, abilities that can help you, and crafting to get you the best equipment. The game is on PC, PS4, and Xbox One. Overall Tom Clancy’s The Division is a very high intensity shooter that I am sure that you and your friends will enjoy.
Once again I recommend using a VPN to play Tom Clancy’s The Division. A VPN will give you an IP address from the server location you choose. It will also improve performance by lowering your ping (reduce lag) and protect you from DDoS attacks. It will help you get past geographical restrictions and the firewalls at school or work.
How to Use a VPN to Play Tom Clancy’s The Division (PC)
I’ll use ExpressVPN for the example of how to use a VPN service to play Division. First you’ll want to download the VPN client. ExpressVPN offers free client software for Windows, Mac and Linux. In addition to free apps for iOS and Android.
Now that you’ve had a chance to download and install the software it’s time to connect. Launch the ExpressVPN client and select a server location. We’ll walk you through step by step using their Windows client.
- Since a lot of gamers like to connect to servers in the US, we used that country for our guide. ExpressVPN has a large network of servers located all over the world.
- We recommend you select OpenVPN (TCP) or (UDP). For streaming videos from sites like YouTube, we use OpenVPN (UDP) because its faster than TCP. They also support PPTP, L2TP, and SSTP. We still recommend OpenVPN UDP for the best mix of speed and privacy protection.
- Click the big round connect button. After a few seconds, you’ll see the shield around the button turn green. There will also be a message letting you know the “VPN is ON”
- You now have an IP address in the USA, as far as anyone can tell online. As such, you can reach any site as if you were sitting there. The same would be true if you connected to a server in the UK or anywhere else in the world.
It is just that easy to do. Now that you have an IP address from an ExpressVPN server in the US, you can game, browse the Internet or watch shows as if you were actually there. Connecting to a server in the UK would give you full access to geo blocked sites there as well. The same is true from any country.
As you can probably tell by now a good VPN opens access to content around the world. If you live outside the United States the service can help you access popular services like Netflix, Hulu and Pandora. You still need an account for services like Netflix but the VPN will help you watch US television shows and movies on Netflix as if you were sitting in the United States or any other region you would like to access.
How to Use a VPN to Play Tom Clancy’s The Division (Xbox One and PS4)
Once again I’ll use ExpressVPN for the example of how to use a VPN service to play Division on your game console. They are my favorite VPN for gaming because ExpressVPN manages a very large network which makes the service a great choice for gamers. You can also view our Top 10 VPN list for more options.
The first step to getting set up with ExpressVPN is normally to download the client software for your system. ExpressVPN offers free client software for Windows, Mac and Linux. In addition to free apps for iOS and Android. Obviously that won’t work for PS4, Xbox One, or Nintendo since the game consoles lack the native support for VPN. Luckily, there is still a way to encrypt your gaming traffic and send it through a VPN. The answer is running the VPN through your router. Note: if you don’t need encryption you can use the ExpressVPN MediaStramer (Smart DNS) feature without the need to configure your router. It supports a wide range of gaming consoles.
Depending on what brand and model of router you use, it might support third party VPN services. If so you can get the necessary information from your VPN provider to set up a connection through your router. Otherwise I highly recommend FlashRouters. The FlashRouters team takes popular, brand name routers and flashes them with DD-WRT or Tomato firmware. That allows the devices to have far more features than they would with the factory firmware installed. All FlashRouters come pre-configured with support for VPN.
Enjoy all the excitement as you play The Division online. Please share this post with your friends so they can enjoy gaming from anywhere in the world with a VPN. Follow us @VPNFan for the latest deals and guides.