At one time, Yahoo.com was one of the first and most popular sites to get a free email address. However, over time, hackers have infiltrated the website. Because of that, many have abandoned their Yahoo accounts or just moved on to other services like Google. Of course, it can be bad if someone gets a hold of your information. That is why we are going to tell you how to delete your Yahoo email account permanently.
What Does It Mean to Delete Your Account?
Deleting your Yahoo account is exactly what it sounds like. When you do, you remove access to your yahoo account, delete all of your emails, as well as lose access to your Flickr account and any other account services that you use. Just remember, if you decide to delete your account, you will want to cancel any subscriptions you have associated with your accounts.
Deleting your Yahoo Mail Account
If you want to delete your account, simply follow these steps.
- Start by going to the “Delete User” page.
- Enter your password.
- Read the standard text on the page warning you about the dangers of doing so, and click the button that says “Continue delete my account”.
- Enter your email address again.
- Now, select “Yes, terminate this account.”
- After you take that step, click the “Sounds good” button.
Keep in mind that it will take up to 180 days for everything to be completely gone.
Once you select this option, there are some things you need to know.
- Your email account will once again become available, so whoever gets your account afterward will likely get any emails that you have not told senders to change.
- You can re-enable it up to 40 days after you have marked it for deletion. After that point, you can not.
- If someone tries to send you an email within the 40 days after you have selected delete, they will get a failure message. Be sure to share this post with your friends because they may wish to delete their accounts as well.
Follow us @VPNFan for the latest privacy guides and to save on VPN access.