Twitter is a powerful social media platform that many have come to love. It grants the user unfettered access to people and groups that they previously would not have been able to contact. However, sometimes the negativity can bring out the worst in people. If you are one of the many that really wants to get rid of your Twitter account, we can help you out. No matter what your reasons are for getting rid of the 280 character world, it is easy to shut your account down.
How to Delete Twitter on Your Desktop
Follow these steps to get rid of Twitter on your Desktop.
- Start by going to the Twitter website.
- Next, click on Settings > Privacy.
- When you see the section that says “Account”, click to deactivate your account and deactivate it.
- From here, you will get a message asking you to enter your password to deactivate it.
How to Delete the Twitter on iOS
Follow these steps to get rid of Twitter on iPhone or iPad.
- Tap your profile icon at the top of the screen
- Select “Settings and privacy” and tap on Account.
- Hit the link that says “Deactivate your account”.
- Tap Deactivate and enter your password when prompted
- Tap “Deactivate” and follow this up by tapping Yes, deactivate.
- Delete the app from your iOS device.
How to Delete the Twitter App on Android
Follow these steps to get rid of Twitter on your Android device.
- For Android, locate the Twitter app and open it.
- Click on your profile picture to show the menu.
- Select “Settings and Privacy” and click on “Account”.
- Scroll down to the bottom, select “Deactivate your account”, and click “deactivate”.
- Once deactivated, exit the app and hold the icon for 5 seconds. That will allow you to delete the app.
- When asked if you want to “Uninstall this app”, click “OK”.
And those are the 3 most common ways to rid your life of Twitter. Please share this post with your friends so they can remove Twitter from their lives. Follow us @VPNFan for the latest VPN reviews and promotions from leading providers.