The team at CyberGhost has developed a custom app for Amazon Firestick / Fire TV users. That’s great news as most VPNs require long workarounds to connect. Instead, you can install CyberGhost on firestick and get connected in less than 5 minutes. You simple need a CyberGhost username and password. If you don’t already have an account you can sign up with our coupon to enjoy unlimited VPN for just $2.75 a month.
How to Install CyberGhost on Firestick and Connect in 10 Easy Steps:
- Power on your Fire TV device
- Go to the top menu and select “Search“
- Start to type Cyberghost and tap on Cyberghost VPN
- Tap on the “Get” icon to download the CyberGhost app.
- Enter your CyberGhost username and password.
- Tap the “Connect” button to connect to the CyberGhost network.
- Alternatively, you can move down and tap on the “Best Location” dropdown.
- From here you can select any server location by tapping on it.
- You can also see the stats for each server and set favorites for future use.
How to Use CyberGhost with Kodi on Firestick
If you already have Kodi installed on your Fire TV device then you can connect to any CyberGhost VPN to protect your privacy. Simply open the CyberGhost app and connect to a server location in the region you wish to be located in. New to Kodi? If so you can follow these steps to install Kodi on your fire stick.
- Install the “Downloader app“
- Go to settings and enable “Apps from Unknown Sources“
- Open the Downloader app.
- Enter https://kodi.tv/download in the URL box.
- Go to the Android builds and select a 64-bit version for newer firesticks. If you have an older Fire TV device you will want to select a 32-bit version.
- After the file downloads scroll to the bottom of the page and tap Install.
- After the installation is complete you can open the Kodi app.
Those new to Kodi might consider installing a Firestick build with popular add-ons.
Select the Right Server Location to Unblock Geo-Restrictions
When you launch the CyberGhost app on Fire TV, it defaults to connecting to the best location. The app determines the best server based on your current location. If you are using the VPN for online privacy protection then that’s the best option. However, if you want to access channels in other regions then you will want to select a server. You can do this by tapping on the “Best Location” dropdown. That will bring up the screen shown to the right. From here you can choose from a full list of CyberGhost servers around the world. At the time of our review the app offered servers in 60 countries.
- Best for streaming – Brazil, Canada, Denmark. Finland, France, Germany, Poland, Romania, Spain, United Kingdom, United States.
According to the CyberGhost 6 client for Windows, some of the most popular streaming sites you can unblock with the VPN service include:
- Netflix (US, UK, Germany, Denmark, France)
- BBC iPlayer (UK)
- Hulu (US)
- Amazon Prime (US)
- YouTube (US, Canada, Germany)
- TF1 (France)
- Sky (UK)
- ZDF (Germany)
Other popular channels you can unblock with CyberGhost include ESPN, CBS, FOX, NBC, Spotify, and Pandora.