The College World Series is an annual baseball tournament held in Omaha. Nebraska. It consists of 64 Division I NCAA schools. The “Elite 8” teams remaining are broken down into 4 team, double elimination brackets. This year, opening day is on Friday, June 14th, and the final game played on either June 25th or June 26th and the series will be played on ESPN or ESPN 2. To watch it, you need to have a cable/satellite/streaming subscription and be located in the US. If you are traveling or otherwise outside of the country, you would need to use a VPN.
Best VPN for Streaming the College World Series
The College World Series started in 1947, but the way it is played now started in 1950. Ever since that time, it has been played in Omaha, Nebraska. Currently, it is played in TD Ameritrade Park Omaha and has been played there since 2011. The current structure is the best 2 out of 3 series between the schools.
By a huge margin, Southern California has 12 titles in 21 appearances. The next highest team is Texas with 6 wins but 36 appearances. Other teams that have won 4 titles or more are LSU with 6, Arizona State with 5, Miami for 4, Cal State Fullerton with 4, and Arizona with 4. As you can see, there are a number of teams that have done well over the years.
Let’s look at the likely teams that will be playing in the tournament
- UCLA, Clemson, UC Irvine, NM State
- LSU, Baylor, Sam Houston State, Southern
- UNC, West Virginia, Coastal Carolina, Campbell
- East Carolina, Tennessee, Virginia Tech, Navy
- Oregon State, Illinois, BYU, Omaha
- Arkansas, Oklahoma State, Michigan, Stony Brook
- Arizona State, Missouri, Connecticut, Bryant
- Vanderbilt, TCU, Creighton, VCU
- Georgia, Georgia Tech, Oklahoma, William & Mary
- Texas Tech, Dallas Baptist, Alabama, Wright State
- NC State, Florida, Liberty, North Carolina A&T
- Mississippi State, Miami (Fl), Southern Miss, Quinnipiac
- Louisville, Indiana, ETSU, Miami (OH)
- UCSB, Texas A&M, Oregon, Harvard
- Ole Miss, Florida State, Louisiana Tech, Jacksonville State
- Stanford, Auburn, Texas, San Jose State
As you can see, viewers in the United States can watch the games on ESPN and ESPN 2. However, if you are outside the country, a VPN comes into play. You can connect to a VPN server in the US and enjoy access to the College World Series without the normal geo-restrictions you would normally see. Of course, you would still need a cable/satellite/streaming subscription as well. You can gain access to ESPN by using a VPN and signing up for Sling TV.
Enjoy all the excitement of the College World Series. Please share this post with your friends so they can enjoy all the action from anywhere in the world with a VPN. Follow us @VPNFan for the latest deals and guides.