As you are probably aware, web browsers use “cookies”. Of course, these can be good or bad, depending on the way you look at them. They certainly can make your browsing experience easier because the browsers can actively learn and keep you logged in wherever you go. The problem is, they can also leave you open to advertisers and adware distributors when you visit certain sites. While that may simply be an annoyance in some cases, it could be embarrassing in other situations. That is why we will tell you how to clear these cookies on the top browsers to help you protect yourself.
How to Clear Cookies in Chrome
Chrome is by a large margin the most popular browser on the web. To clear your cookies for it, follow these steps.
- In the upper right-hand corner of the browser, locate and click on the 3 vertical dots.
- Next, go to Settings > Advanced > Privacy and security.
- Now, go to the Content settings button.
- From this point, click on the button that says “See all cookies and site data“.
- Proceed to the “Remove all” button to clear your cookies.
Please note that you can also clear cookies under the “Privacy and security” section by hitting the button that says Clear browsing data > Clear Data. You will also want to select “all time” to clear everything.
Going forward, you can also choose to have the cookies to delete as soon as you close the browser.
How to Clear Cookies in Firefox
Clearing your cookies on Firefox is relatively simple.
- Locate and click on the 3 horizontal lines on the top right part of the screen.
- Next, click on the Options menu.
- When you access it, click on the tab that says Privacy and Security.
- From here, select Cookies and Site Data > Manage Data.
- Now, look at the bottom and select Remove All. You can also select individual cookies to get rid of.
How to Clear Cookies in Edge
Edge is, of course, Microsoft’s browser. To clear the cookies from there, follow these steps.
- Locate and select the 3 horizontal dots.
- Next, go to Settings at the bottom of the screen.
- Then, click the button that says “choose what to clear“.
- Select “Cookies and saved website data” and hit the “Clear” button.
- For those that want to clear more than the cookies, simply click more boxes.
How to Clear Cookies in Safari
Safari is the default browser for Mac OSX. Clearing the cookies for this one is simple as well.
- From the top of Safari, locate the tab that says Safari > Preferences > Privacy.
- Under this heading, select Manage Website Data.
- Next, hit the button that says “Remove All“
- If you want to remove individual cookies, type the name in the search field.
How to Clear Cookies in Opera
The O[era browser is based on the same Chromium architecture that the Chrome browser is based on. To clear the cookies in Opera, follow these steps.
- At the top left of the screen, click on the Opera logo. That will bring up the More Tools.
- Now, go to History > Clear browsing data.
- When this screen opens, select “Cookies and other site data“.
- Next, hit the button that says “Clear Data“. Just make sure you define the time range as you did in some of the other browsers.
And there you have an easy guide to the top browsers that most people use. Please share this post with your friends so they can clear their cookies on their favorite browser as well. Follow us @VPNFan for the latest privacy guides.