No matter where you live, association football (soccer for Americans) is the most popular sport globally. Some 3.6 billion people are fans worldwide. Founded in 2004, the Chinese Super League (CSL) is the 6th largest league. Of course, every year, the CSL grows in popularity. 16 teams in 14 different cities compose this league. The season runs for around 8.5 months of the year, typically starting in mid-march and ending in late November. That can change, depending on the circumstances (like the pandemic.) If you are a fan of the CSL or just love football, you can use quite a few sources to view the matches. For many of them, you’ll need to connect to a VPN. Here are a few good choices.
How to Watch Chinese Super League from Anywhere
As we mentioned, there is a solution if you have a subscription to a service like DAZN. While the service is available in many parts of the world, most won’t carry the CSL. We’ll use it as an example below.
- Sign up for ExpressVPN (includes a 30-day risk-free money-back guarantee).
- Download and install the ExpressVPN app on your device.
- Connect to a VPN server in Germany, Japan, Switzerland, or Austria so you can get coverage of the matches.
- If you are using DAZN, enter the credentials. Otherwise, you can sign up for the service in your home country if available.
- Enjoy the live streaming access of your favorite CSL team, or find one to enjoy.
That’s all you have to do to enjoy the Chinese Super League Games. Now that you have an IP address from the ExpressVPN server in the country you choose, you can take advantage of watching other things or even browsing the web. That applies to servers in other countries you connect to. Connect to a server in the United Kingdom to watch Sky Sports coverage, providing you have a subscription.
Good VPN providers open access to content around the world. No matter where you live, if you want to watch CSL matches, you should be able to enjoy them easily. You can also take advantage of the other benefits of a VPN as well.
Global Broadcast Partners for the Chinese Super League
- Chinese Sports Media – Exclusive rights until 2025, but several other companies may stream some games additionally. Those companies include QQ Sports, Tianjin Sports Channel, Shandong Sports Channel, PPTV Sport China, Qinghai TV, and Guangdong Sports Channel.
- BTV Sports Channel – This government-owned channel and portal allows you to stream some CSL games for free, providing you live in Pekin.
- Sky Sports, Sky Go UK, Now TV, Sky Go Extra, and Sky Sports Football – UK and Ireland
- DAZN – Japan, Germany, Switzerland, Austria
- Dubai Sports 1 – the Middle East and Northern Africa
- Discovery Sports TV – Pakistan, India, Maldives, and Bangladesh
- Startimes Sports Life – Africa
- Fox Sports – Central and South America, the Netherlands
- LeSports – US, Canada (in Chinese), Southeast Asia
- SFR Sport 2 – France, Belgium, Luxembourg
- BeIN Sports – Australia and New Zealand
- Setanta Sports Eurasia and SportKlub – Eastern Europe
Of course, some of the channels above you may recognize. Unfortunately, you may have a subscription to a service like DAZN that does not provide coverage in your country. Luckily, we have a way around that.