Call of Duty is so popular that fans have racked up over 25 billion hours playing the game. The game has over 20 titles and they are still making more. With the popularity of this game there must be a lot of DDoS attacks, server lag, and slow connections. To fix these problems I would recommend a VPN. A VPN will allow you to change your IP address to any other IP you choose. You will want to pick the location closest to the server you play on because this will help decrease lag and give you faster connections. VPN also encrypts your which will protect you from DDoS attacks.
Call of Duty is an online shooter. With each new title the devices supported changes. This being said overall the main devices the shooter is on is PS3, Ps4, Xbox 360, Xbox One, and Windows. The game is available on Steam or online from sites like Amazon and GameStop.
- Call of Duty has two gameplay modes depending on what version you have it can have more.
- Story Mode: this is an offline mode that you will play as one character while you go through their experience in war.
- Solo Zombie Kill Mode: This mode that will be available in one of the Call of Duty games. You will be stuck in one room with limited ammo fighting of zombies and patching up the house’s holes until the zombies eventually kill you.
- Co-op Mode offline: The offline mode is a split screen where you and the other person playing on the same device as you will compete against each other. the winner is the person with the most amount of kills. Also work together to kill zombies if you have one of the Call of Duty Zombie games.
- Co-op Mode Online: this is where you and a other players from any where in the world will fight another team of players from across the world. The team with the most kills wins.
- Competitive Mode: This is where you fight a one on one battle with someone over the internet. Like all others the one person with the most kills wins.
With all these game modes their are all kinds of different classes to choose from. Each class has different guns for diffrent versions. Class names will also change as well, but for the most part you will always have, Snipers (long ranged attack), Demolitions man (Bombs), Heavy gunner (direct assault), Spec Ops (surgical assault), and Assault (an all around class). All these classes battle on maps. These maps are already in the game, but if you want more Call of duty offers DLCs.
Call of Duty is a very popular shooter. It has multiple fun game modes and classes. It is available form Steam or places like Amazon and Gamestop. Call of Duty is a game that I really enjoy and I hope you enjoy it too.
Once again I recommend using a VPN service to play Call of Duty. A VPN will give you an IP address from the server location you choose. It will also improve performance by improving your ping and protect you from DDoS attacks.
How to Use a VPN to Play Call of Duty
I’ll use IPVanish for the example of how to use a VPN service to play Call of Duty online. First you’ll want to download the VPN client. IPVanish offers free client software for Windows, Mac and Linux. In addition to free apps for iOS and Android.
Now that you’ve had a chance to download and install the software it’s time to connect. Launch the IPVanish client and select a server location. We’ll walk you through step by step using their Windows client.
- Since a lot of gamers like to connect to servers in the US, we used that country for our guide. IPVanish has a large network of servers located all over the world.
- We recommend you select IKEv2 or OpenVPN (UDP). For streaming football games or videos from sites like Netflix we use OpenVPN (UDP). They also support PPTP and L2TP. The IKEv2 and OpenVPN protocols provides a nice mix of fast speeds and privacy protection.
- Click connect. After a few seconds you’ll see the button at the top right turn green. That means you now have an IP address from the US. You’ll also notice the server location and IP address show up at the top of the client.
- You now have an IP address in the USA, as far as anyone can tell online. As such, you can reach any site as if you were sitting there. The same would be true if you connected to a server in the UK or anywhere else in the world.
It is just that easy to do. Now that you have an IP address from an IPVanish server in the US, you can game, browse the Internet or watch shows as if you were actually there. Connecting to a server in the UK would give you full access to geo blocked sites there as well. The same is true from any country.
As you can probably tell by now a good VPN opens access to content around the world. If you live outside the United States the service can help you access popular services like Netflix, Hulu and Pandora. You still need an account for services like Netflix but the VPN will help you watch US television shows and movies on Netflix as if you were sitting in the United States or any other region you would like to access.
Enjoy all the excitement as you play CoD online. Please share this post with your friends so they can enjoy Call of Duty from anywhere in the world with a VPN. Follow us @VPNFan for the latest deals and guides.