Stremio is a media aggregate that allows the user access to a variety of different media. For those familiar with other popular solutions, it works very much the same. In other words, it works by using add-ons to help you access what you want to see. Whether you are viewing media files from your private collection or using one of the add-ons to stream, it is extremely popular in the community. Though it is still in its beginning stages, it has the same appeal and seems to be a faster and improved version. It is also one of the only media players around that has a fully functional Netflix add-on. Before using this dynamic program, have a look at our list of the best VPNs for Stremio.
Getting Started with Stremio
If you are new to Stremio, the creators made it very easy to use. However, we’ll walk you through set up, first.
- Go to the Stremio website and download the latest version. The program supports MacOS, Windows, iOS, Android, and Linux, so you can pick the right option for you.
- Once you see the control panel, you will see a magnifying glass at the top next to a search box.
- Before you search for anything, make sure you go to ExpressVPN or one of the others and sign up for one of their accounts.
- Now, you can enter a repository address at the top or, by clicking on the puzzle piece icon, you can install one of the community add-ons in the list. Keep in mind that Stremio has a limited number of official add-ons. It also has a limited number of community add-ons. We do not endorse using those because they frequently use pirated content. If you choose to, the developers won’t be able to answer any questions you may have.
- Install the add-ons you want to use, and return to the main screen.
- After finding the right add-on, you should be able to enjoy what you want to watch or listen to.
Many in the community consider Stremio to be a more modern version of other open-source options When using it, you can tell that it is much faster and appears to be more efficient. If you are new to media streamers like this one, you will notice it quickly finds what you are looking for. Additionally, changing screens and installing add-ons are also quicker. The bottom line is, Stremio is a fast and highly efficient media tool to look at images, stream video content, or stream audio content
There are some important things to look for when choosing a VPN to use with Stremio. You want to make sure that the provider has the following:
- Strong encryption
- Fast speeds
- A reasonable price
- Servers in multiple countries to help you get around geo-blocks
- A large network
While all the ones we mentioned above have those factors, let’s take a closer look at each one.
One of the advantages of using ExpressVPN while gaming has to do with lag. Of course, that deals specifically with games that are competitive or busy. If you are playing a game like Fortnite or any of the others, you know that this style of games are massive and have large numbers of people playing. Using a VPN will create a different path to the gaming server you log which can help. That way, you can focus on the actual game instead of death by lag.
As the world has changed in recent times, a large number of people have ventured to internet streaming for their entertainment needs. The issue is that sometimes, you may want to see a different library of content. That is one of the reasons you would want to connect to a NordVPN server. Whether that library comes from the same source as with international streaming companies like Netflix, or region-specific options like iPlayer from the BBC, you will be able to access those and more by connecting to a VPN.
If you like to stream content, there are times when you may get fed up with watching the same thing. Of course, connecting to a Private Internet Access VPN server will help you fight that. An example of that is the biggest streaming company in the world, Netflix. Whether you are traveling abroad or just want to access content from different libraries, all you have to do is connect to a VPN server in the area you want to see. You can say the same for other services like Amazon Prime Video as well.
If you cheer for a sports team with an international following, you know how difficult it can be to find good coverage. However, that is why you need to connect to a VPN server from CyberGhost. If you want to resolve this issue, the solution is to find the best location to view it. When you connect to a server in that location, it will make the media company believe you are physically there. That way, you can enjoy the coverage you want to see.
For everyone concerned that the setup for your IPVanish account is going to be complicated or you will not be able to get it quickly and easily established, they offer several different apps to use. Those include apps for Windows, Mac, Android, iOS, Amazon Fire TV, Linux, and Chrome OS. Additionally, you will find easy setup guides for your router. Of course, you will find others available as well. As you can see, IPVanish has you covered, so whichever system you use will be smooth.