Back 4 Blood is a multiplayer FPS game put out by Turtle Rock Studios. They will release it for Windows, PlayStation 4 & 5, Xbox One & X/S on October 12th, 2021. If you are a gamer, you know that FPS games are common in the market. This one is cool, though, because you can co-op to fight zombies. This game is basically a sequel to the popular game, Left 4 Dead. Because Turtle Rock Studios made both games, you can expect the gameplay to be similar. Even before it is out, the game has high ratings because most gamers loved Left 4 Dead. However, that could easily pose an issue with lag from the high traffic. That said, the right VPN can help reduce ping times and improve lag. It will also protect you against DDoS attacks. Here are a few of our favorites.
Turtle Rock Studios is an interesting developer because many considered them to be part of Steam. However, they managed to separate themselves and come out with Back 4 Blood. The company knows what it is good at, and that is making FPS games with great graphics. Their titles include Left 4 Dead, Evolve, and of course, Back 4 Blood. If you want to play with a VR, you have several more options. These include Journey of the Gods, Face your Fears I&II, The Well, Blade Runner 2049, and Otherworlds. All of these titles are hugely popular, and you will likely enjoy them all.
How to Connect to a Back 4 Blood Server through a VPN
Because of the multiple platforms, you have many options to play this game. That said, we are going to use the Windows version. Here, we’ll use ExpressVPN for the example of how to use a VPN service to play Back 4 Blood in the co-op mode. You’ll want to start this process by downloading the VPN client. While the game is only available for Windows and Linux, ExpressVPN offers Windows, Mac, and Linux custom apps. Additionally, they offer mobile apps for iOS and Android devices.
After you’ve had a chance to download and install the software, go ahead and connect. Launch the ExpressVPN client and select a server location. Here is the step-by-step process when using their Windows client.
- Sign up for ExpressVPN (includes a 30-day risk-free money-back guarantee)
- Download and install the ExpressVPN app on your device
- Since many gamers like to connect to servers in the US, we used that country for our guide. New York City and Los Angeles are a couple good server options.
- Once you open it up, we suggest you let the client select your protocol. Typically, it is set to auto by default. If you want to test out different protocols, we suggest trying Lightway (UDP) or IKEv2 for the best performance.
- Click the big round connect button. After a few seconds, you’ll see the circle around the button turn green. There will also be a message letting you know the “VPN is ON.”
- You now have an IP address in the USA, as far as anyone can tell online. As such, you can reach any site as if you were sitting there. The same would be true if you connected to a server in the UK or anywhere else in the world.
It is just that easy to do. Now that you have an IP address from an ExpressVPN server in the US, you can game, browse the Internet or watch shows and movies on your console or computer, just as if you were there. Connecting to a server in the UK would give you full access to geo-blocked or censored sites there as well. You can say the same for other countries.
VPNs open access to content around the world and help you find less busy areas to play games like Back 4 Blood. That can be a real advantage if you are PVPing against others. If you are not in the US, connecting to a VPN will allow you to access popular services like Netflix, Hulu, and Pandora. You’ll still need an account for services like Netflix, but the VPN will help you watch US television shows and movies on Netflix on your favorite console or comp, just as if you were sitting in the United States or others.
Now, we’ll take a look at some of the aspects of the game.
- 3 different modes – There are 3 different modes for the game. These are the Campaign Co-op (where you can play with your friends to kill zombies), the PVP mode (4v4 PvP where you can play as a Cleaner or a Ridden), and single player mode. No two times are the same, due to changing conditions and placements. In other words, you can’t go through and memorize where things are, you actually have to play the game.
- Dynamic Rogue-Lite Card System – This is why the game changes. Its card manager system randomizes the different effects. It combines aspects of a trading card game to randomize the different items, talents, weapons, and others.
- Highly customizable weapons – Unlike Left 4 Dead, weapons are highly customizable and diverse now. That means you can use attachments on the many choices. They are even color-coded for rareness (like you can find in many games these days). You’ll find that they are color-coded much like other games (think MMORPGs).
Of course, this game has a lot of promise. Turtle Rock is counting on it to do well. Early reports of the game are quite positive, saying that the game feels fresh. It has subtle things, everywhere, so if you like easter eggs, the game is packed full of them. However, that could also mean that you’ll run into issues while playing. That is because extra things like that may cause lag if you are not on a dedicated server. By connecting to a VPN, you can easily switch locations to provide yourself and your friends with better speeds. From slaying zombies with your friends or blasting each other in a match of Ridden vs, Cleaners, connecting to a VPN could make the difference between beating back the zombies or having your brains eaten by them.