Agar.io is a very popular online game. The gameplay is simple, but it also has complex aspects. The game was created for PC and Mac, but has moved on to Android and iOS as well. Agario is played online. The popularity of the game has challenged the developers to find new and creative ways to deal with bots and lag. While a VPN won’t help with bots, it can definitely help with lag. Fans of Agario know all about the trouble that lag can cause in the game. To help fix the problem, the Agario team is adding more bandwidth and servers. That’s a great start, but a VPN will also help you with the issue. A VPN will allow you to choose a server that will give you an IP according to the location of the server. If you pick a location close to the server you play on you can reduce lag and speed up the gameplay. Since your public IP address is replaced, it also protects you against DDoS attacks. With the game being so popular a lot of schools and workplaces block Agar.io through firewall restrictions. A good VPN will help you get past the firewall and other geographical restrictions.
Gameplay in agar.io is simple, but somehow complex. You start as a circle that eats other smaller circles. As you grow you get slower and you can see more. You are competing to be the biggest circle on the server. The complex portion comes in the abilities you are given. You can use the space bar to split yourself into two equally sized circles. This allows you to catch people and consume them because you fire that part of you out, but it puts you at risk because you stay in that form for a while. You can split into more than two circles depending on your mass. The Q key is also used strategically. It allows you to feed other opponents with some of your mass and it can be effective if you play on teams. The last very hard part about the game is the green stationary safe spots. When you are small enough to fit in you will be protected from bigger players. If you are too big to fit then touching it will cause you to lose a lot of mass.
There are several game modes that can be played. The developers are constantly adding game modes and all of them are fun.
The original game modes include:
- Free for all: which has you versus everyone. Skins are allowed
- Team: which has you on a team fighting against other colors. Skins are not allowed.
- Experimental: Different modes are experimented on. Skins are allowed.
Agar.io has you start by naming your character. You can name it almost anything. Certain names however will give you special skins. Some of these names include:
- 2ch.hk, 4chan, 8ch, 9gag, Argentina, Australia, Austria, ayy Imao, Bait, Bangladesh, Belgium, Berlusconi, Blatter, Bosnia, Boris, Botswana, Brazil, Bulgaria, Bush, Byzantium, Cambodia, Cameron, Canada, Chavez, Chile, China, cia, Clinton, Confederate, Croatia, Cuba, Denmark, Dilma, Doge, ea, Earth, Estonia, European Union, Facebook, Facepunch, Finland, France, French Empire, German Empire, Germany, Greece, Hillary, Hollande, Hong Kong, Hungary, Imperial Japan, India, Indonesia, Iran, Iraq, Ireland, IRS, Italy, Jamaica, Japan, Kim Jong-Un, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Maldivas, Mars, Merkel, Mexico, Moon, NASA, Netherlands, Nigeria, North Korea, Norway, Obama, Origin, Pakistan, Palin, Peru, Pewdiepie, Piccolo, Pokerface, Poland, Portugal, Prodota, Prussia, Putin, Qing Dynasty, Quebec, Queen, Reddit, Romania, Russia, Sanik, Scotland, Sealand, Sir, Steam, Stussy, Sweden, Switzerland, Taiwan, Texas, Thailand, Trump, Tsipras, Tumbler, Turkey, Ukraine, United Kingdom, USA, USSR, Venezuela, Vinesauce, Wojak, Yaranaika
There are more skins, but you either have to buy them or collect in game currency to get them.
You can enjoy Agar.io on your PC, Mac, iOS, or Android device. It is free to play. You are a circle who is eating other circles to ultimately have the most mass. There are also skins that are free and paid that can help you customize your circle. Overall agar.io is a fun game that I am sure you and your friends will enjoy from work, school, or home.
Once again I recommend using a VPN service to play Agar.io. A VPN will give you an IP address from the server location you choose. It will also improve performance by lowering your ping time. A VPN will protect you from DDoS attacks. It will also let you get past geographical restrictions and the firewalls at school or work.
How to Use a VPN to Play Agar.io
I’ll use ExpressVPN for the example of how to use a VPN service to play Agar.io online. First you’ll want to download the VPN client. ExpressVPN offers free client software for Windows, Mac and Linux. In addition to free apps for iOS and Android.
Now that you’ve had a chance to download and install the software it’s time to connect. Launch the ExpressVPN client and select a server location. We’ll walk you through step by step using their Windows client.
- Since a lot of gamers like to connect to servers in the US, we used that country for our guide. ExpressVPN has a large network of servers located all over the world.
- We recommend you select OpenVPN (TCP) or (UDP). For streaming videos from sites like YouTube, we use OpenVPN (UDP) because its faster than TCP. They also support PPTP, L2TP, and SSTP. We still recommend OpenVPN UDP for the best mix of speed and privacy protection.
- Click the big round connect button. After a few seconds, you’ll see the shield around the button turn green. There will also be a message letting you know the “VPN is ON”
- You now have an IP address in the USA, as far as anyone can tell online. As such, you can reach any site as if you were sitting there. The same would be true if you connected to a server in the UK or anywhere else in the world.
It is just that easy to do. Now that you have an IP address from an ExpressVPN server in the US, you can game, browse the Internet or watch shows as if you were actually there. Connecting to a server in the UK would give you full access to geo blocked sites there as well. The same is true from any country.
As you can probably tell by now a good VPN opens access to content around the world. If you live outside the United States the service can help you access popular services like Netflix, Hulu and Pandora. You still need an account for services like Netflix but the VPN will help you watch US television shows and movies on Netflix as if you were sitting in the United States or any other region you would like to access.
Enjoy all the excitement as you play Agar.io online. Please share this post with your friends so they can enjoy Agar.io from anywhere in the world with a VPN. Follow us @VPNFan for the latest deals and guides.