The Dillian Whyte vs. Oscar Rivas fight is a heavyweight professional boxing match that will take place on July 20th, 2019 on Sky Sports in the UK and all markets of DAZN. It will be held at the O2 Arena in London, UK. Heavyweight fights are always interesting, and this one promises to be no different. If you want to watch it, you will need to have a subscription to DAZN and be located in the United States, Canada, Germany, Austria, Switzerland, Italy, Spain, Japan, or Brazil. You can also watch it in the UK on Sky Sports. If you will be outside of one of those areas, you will need to use a VPN.
As you probably know, the Whyte vs. Rivas fight is the main event for the night and has been looked forwards to for awhile. Whyte, known as the Brixton Banger, continues on his journey to become the heavyweight champion of the world. This one promises to be great. However, that is not the only fight that is worth watching that evening. Let’s take a look at the other fights on the undercard.
- Derek Chisora v. Artur Spilka
- David Allen v. David Price
Both fights undercard fights will be great, so you won’t want to miss out.
How to Use a VPN to Watch Whyte vs. Rivas Live
We will use ExpressVPN for the example of how to use a VPN service to watch the fight. First, you’ll want to download the VPN client. ExpressVPN offers client software for Windows, Mac, and Linux. Mobile users can download apps for iOS and Android. You can even connect your router to secure every device on your network. It will send all your communications through the VPN which extends support to devices like game consoles and streaming boxes. They even have an app for Amazon Fire TV devices.
Now that you’ve had a chance to download and install the software, go ahead and connect. Launch the ExpressVPN client and select a server location. We’ll walk you through step by step using their Windows client. Keep in mind we are using images from US servers since the Whyte vs. Rivas fight is geo-restricted. As we said, though, there are other countries it wil be streamed in.
- Since DAZN is the carrier of the night, you will want to pick a server in one of the countries. ExpressVPN has a large network of servers located all over the US.
- We recommend you select OpenVPN (TCP) or (UDP). For streaming videos from sites like YouTube, we use OpenVPN (UDP) because it’s faster than TCP. They also support PPTP, L2TP, and SSTP. We still recommend OpenVPN UDP for the best mix of speed and privacy protection.
- Click the big round connect button. After a few seconds, you’ll see the shield around the button turn green. There will also be a message letting you know the “VPN is ON”
- You now have an IP address in the USA, as far as anyone can tell online. As such, you can reach any site as if you were sitting there. The same would be true if you connected to a server in the UK or anywhere else in the world. Keep in mind you will need an external streaming service to be able to watch the fight.
It is just that easy to do. Now that you have an IP address from an ExpressVPN server in the US or one of the other countries, you can browse the Internet or watch the Whyte vs. Rivas fight as if you were actually there. The same is true from any country, but you will want to connect to a server in one of the countries to watch.
Enjoy the great fights during the Whyte vs. Rivas main event and the undercard. Share this post with your friends so they can enjoy the fights from anywhere in the world by using a VPN. Follow us @VPNFan for the latest deals and guides.