The WAFU Cup of Nations (West African Football Union) is an association football (soccer for Americans) tournament that seems to have an irregular schedule of usual play. The 2019 version will start on 28th September 2019 and finish up on October 13th, 2019 in Senegal. Coverage for this tournament seems to take place around the world on ESPN. If you are in the US, you will need to watch it on ESPN+. If you are in a country that offers it, you are all set, assuming you have access to the network. If you want to watch specific coverage or will be traveling outside of your normal area, you can watch the matches everywhere with a VPN.
How to Watch 2019 WAFU Cup of Nations from Anywhere
Again, you need to start by having access to ESPN.
2019 WAFU Cup of Nations 2019 Schedule
2019 WAFU Cup of Nations will be held in Dakar, Senegal at different times. Let’s take a look at the match times for the first set. All times are EST.
- Saturday, 28th September – Senegal vs Guinea-Bissau – 12:00 pm, Burkina Faso vs Mauritania – 3:00 pm.
- Sunday, 29th September – Nigeria vs Togo – 1:00 pm, Sierra Leone vs Liberia – 4:00 pm.
- Monday, 30th September – Mali vs Niger – 1:00 pm, Côte d’Ivoire vs Cape Verde Islands – 4:00 pm.
- Tuesday, 1st October – Ghana vs Gambia – 2:00 pm, Guinea vs Benin – 4:00 pm.
As always, football always has a big draw. If you are currently outside the viewing area, we would suggest connecting to a VPN to sign up for a subscription to ESPN+. They offer a monthly and yearly subscription. You will still need to connect to a VPN in the US to watch the coverage of 2019 WAFU Cup of Nations. Otherwise you will be geo-blocked.
In addition to watching 2019 WAFU Cup of Nations on ESPN+, you can enjoy a number or other leagues and other sporting events. Whether you want to connect to one of the countries for ESPN or even the Netherlands for Fox Sports, they have you covered. The tournament is sure to be exciting and there are sure to be some great games. You won’t want to miss out.
How to Use a VPN to Watch 2019 WAFU Cup of Nations
We’ll use ExpressVPN for the example of how to use a VPN service to stream 2019 WAFU Cup of Nations. First, you’ll want to download the VPN client. ExpressVPN offers free client software for Windows, Mac and Linux. In addition to free apps for iOS and Android.
Now that you’ve had a chance to download and install the software it’s time to connect. Launch the ExpressVPN client and select a server location. We’ll walk you through step by step using their Windows client.
- Select a server location. For ESPN+ coverage, you must use a server in the US. As we mentioned, that is because you would be geo-blocked outside of the region. Because of that, you can see we chose a server in Atlanta.
- We recommend you select OpenVPN (TCP) or (UDP). For streaming videos from sites like YouTube, we use OpenVPN (UDP) because its faster than TCP. They also support PPTP, L2TP, and SSTP. We still recommend OpenVPN UDP for the best mix of speed and privacy protection.
- Click the big round connect button. After a few seconds, you’ll see the shield around the button turn green. There will also be a message letting you know the “VPN is ON”
- You now have an IP address in the US, as far as anyone can tell online. As such, you can reach any site as if you were sitting there. The same would be true if you connected to a server in a different region.
That’s all there is to it. Now that you have an IP address from the ExpressVPN server in the United States, you can browse the Internet as if you were actually there. The same is true from any country. Connect to a server in the United Kingdom to watch Sky Sports or Australia if you want to watch coverage in that region.
As you can probably tell by now a good VPN opens access to content around the world. If you live outside the United States the service can help you access popular services like Netflix, Hulu, and Pandora. You still need an account for services like Netflix but the VPN will help you watch US television shows and movies on Netflix as if you were sitting in the United States or any other region you would like to access.
Enjoy all the excitement of 2019 WAFU Cup of Nations, and see which team will win the tournament. Please share this post with your friends so they can enjoy this football tournament from anywhere in the world with a VPN. Follow us @VPNFan for the latest deals and guides.