On March 7th, 2020, the Ultimate Fighting Championship is putting on UFC 248. It will be held on Saturday in Las Vegas at the T-Mobile Arena. In addition to the main card, there are a number of great fights that will happen during UFC 248 that you will not want to miss out on either. For those that want to watch it, you will need to get the ESPN+ PPV event and be located in the US. If you will be outside the country, you will need to connect a VPN in the US. That will help you get around geo-restrictions. Otherwise, you will miss out on Adesanya’s return to the octagon.
|Rank||VPN Service||VPN Fan|
As with the normal format of the UFC events, there is one major fight UFC 248 and several undercard fights worth seeing. The main bout is between Israel Adesanya and the Cuban born and former olympic silver medalist, Yoel Romero. If you have watched other UFC events, you know that Yoel Romero is quite the character and is known for an interesting trait. They are fighting a Middleeight bout, but it may prove to be an interesting one. As we mentioned, though, that is not the only fight that is worth watching. Let’s take a look at the other fights on the undercard.
- Weili Zhang – Joanna Jedrzejczyk
- Beneil Dariush – Drakkar Klose
- Neil Magny – Li Jingliang
- Alex Oliveira – Max Griffin
As you can see, there are a few different fights to watch, so you don’t want to miss out.
How to Use a VPN to Watch UFC 248 (Adesanya v. Romero) Live
We will use ExpressVPN for the example of how to use a VPN service to watch the fight. First, be sure to download the VPN client. ExpressVPN offers client software for Windows, Mac, and Linux. Mobile users can download apps for iOS and Android. You can even connect your router to secure every device on your network. It will send all your communications through the VPN which extends support to devices like game consoles and streaming boxes. They even have an app for Amazon Fire TV devices.
Now that you’ve had a chance to download and install the software, go ahead and connect. Launch the ExpressVPN client and select a server location. We’ll walk you through step by step using their Windows client. Keep in mind we are using images from US servers since UFC 248 is geo-restricted. As we said, though, there are other countries it will be streamed in.
- Since ESPN+ is the carrier of the night, you will want to pick a server in the US. ExpressVPN has a large network of servers located all over the US.
- We recommend you select OpenVPN (TCP) or (UDP). For streaming videos from sites like YouTube, we use OpenVPN (UDP) because it’s faster than TCP. They also support PPTP, L2TP, and SSTP. We still recommend OpenVPN UDP for the best mix of speed and privacy protection.
- Click the big round connect button. After a few seconds, you’ll see the shield around the button turn green. There will also be a message letting you know the “VPN is ON”
- You now have an IP address in the USA, as far as anyone can tell online. As such, you can reach any site as if you were sitting there. The same would be true if you connected to a server in the UK (for BT Sports) or anywhere else in the world. Keep in mind you will need an external streaming service to be able to watch the fight.
Now that you have an IP address from an ExpressVPN server in the US, you can browse the internet or watch UFC 248 as if you were watching it in the US. While the same is true from any country, you’ll want to connect to a server in the US to be able to watch this event.
Why should you have to miss out on any of the action at UFC 248 because you are out of the area? Please share this post with your friends so they can enjoy the fights from anywhere in the world by using a VPN. Be sure to follow us @VPNFan for the latest deals and guides available.