While some traditionalists do not like that Disney owns Star Wars, a great many people are glad. Many love the exposure, and of course, video games. Star Wars: Hunters capitalizes on the popularity of the franchise to release a PVP-style game. Players can compete in large multi-player, battle royal matches or head to head in the arena. This game is available for iOS, Android, and Nintendo Switch. Since it is a global game, there are some advantages of connecting to a VPN.
This highly anticipated game shows quite a bit of promise. Of course, you can use the classic Star Wars favorite weaponry when battling. Who does not want to fight using a lightsaber? You can also use other weapons like blasters, lightning guns, flamethrowers, and more. Again, it is available on three different devices. However, you may also play on a PC, providing you use an emulator. That gives you infinite possibilities.
How to Connect to a Star Wars: Hunters Server through a VPN
Because of the multiple platforms, you have many options to play this game. That said, we are going to tell you how to play by using an emulator. The instructions to use the other versions will differ slightly, but this will give you a good idea. Here, we’ll use ExpressVPN for the example of how to use a VPN service to play Star Wars: Hunters. You’ll want to start this process by downloading the VPN client on your devices. You can have up to five simultaneous devices, so you can choose your favorites. While the game is only available for Nintendo Switch, iOS, and Android, ExpressVPN offers Windows, Mac, and Linux custom apps. Additionally, they offer mobile apps for iOS and Android devices.
After you’ve had a chance to download and install the software, go ahead and connect. Launch the ExpressVPN client and select a server location. Here is the step-by-step process when using their Windows client.
- Sign up for ExpressVPN (includes a 30-day risk-free money-back guarantee)
- Download and install the ExpressVPN app on your device
- Since many gamers like to connect to servers in the US, we used that country for our guide. New York City and Los Angeles are a couple good server options.
- Once you open it up, we suggest you let the client select your protocol. Typically, it is set to auto by default. If you want to test out different protocols, we suggest trying Lightway (UDP) or IKEv2 for the best performance.
- Click the big round connect button. After a few seconds, you’ll see the circle around the button turn green. There will also be a message letting you know the “VPN is ON.”
- You now have an IP address in the USA, or any other area you choose. Then, you can start taking advantage of the benefits.
It is just that easy to do. Now that you have an IP address from an ExpressVPN server in the US, you can game, browse the Internet or watch shows and movies on your console or computer, just as if you were there. Connecting to a server in the UK would give you full access to geo-blocked or censored sites there as well. You can say the same for other countries.
VPNs open access to content worldwide and help you find less busy areas to play games like Star Wars: Hunters. That can be a real advantage since the game is worldwide. You can also gain access to the game early in some locations. Additionally, connecting to a VPN will allow you to access popular streaming services like Netflix, Hulu, and Pandora. You’ll still need an account for services like Netflix, but the VPN will help you watch US television shows and movies on Netflix, listen to music from Pandora on your favorite console or mobile device, just as if you were sitting in the United States or others.
Now, we’ll take a look at some of the aspects of the game.
- Customizable characters – Even though you can pick from multiple diverse characters, you can customize them the way you want to.
- Multiple Maps – While they are arenas, they are set in various different areas to evoke the iconic Star Wars worlds.
- Mix and match elements – You can mix tactics, teams, and use various skills to help you with one goal in mind, to dominate the galaxy.
As popular as the franchise is, games can be hit or miss. There have been some misses when dealing with Star Wars. Often, it is because of game mismanagement or the development team taking too much for granted. Of course, many of the failures came from times long ago and in a galaxy far away. In other words, that has not happened in a while. You should be able to play this game worldwide without any issues.
However, all that access could mean that you’ll run into issues while playing. Even though it may not seem like much, you can use a VPN to change locations in the game. That could help you get easier matches or more difficult ones. You can switch places to provide yourself and your friends with better speeds by connecting to a VPN. From using specific tactics to besting others with your lightsaber, the possibilities are endless. If you run into server lag, though, connecting to a VPN could make the difference between defeating the enemy or eating blaster fire.