Many gadget lovers know that Sony makes excellent electronics. However, some don’t realize that Sony still makes mobile phones that run on the Android OS. In 2012, Sony released their Xperia line of phones. Currently, this line includes the Xperia 1 (III), the Xperia 5 (III), the PRO, and the PRO-I. These days, the mobile phone market has plenty of stiff competition. Sony’s phones are not as popular as the likes of competitors like Apple, Samsung, or LG. You would not know it by the prices they charge, though. These four models range in price from $949 – $1999. No matter which model you use, though, we suggest connecting to a VPN. Before we go into the features the line offers, please look at the best VPNs for Sony Xperia phones.
Sony makes fantastic devices, and they know it. Their phones have multiple features that you might find interesting. You can tell by the prices they charge for their phones that they are proud of them. What are these features, you may ask? Let’s look at them now.
- Xperia 1 (III) – This device features a 6.1″ 4K HDR OLED display, variable telelens & dual PD sensor, 360 Reality Audio, triple camera with four focal lengths and real-time AF tracking, evolved full-stage front-facing stereo speakers, 5G connectivity, IP65/68 water resistance and more.
- Xperia 5 (III) – Almost the same as the phone above, but with a 4500 mAh battery.
- Xperia PRO – 6.5″, 21:9 ratio 4K HDR OLED display, Snapdragon 865 chip, 5G-sub 6 technology.
- Xperia PRO-I – 1-inch image sensor & phase-detection AF, Videography Pro interface, Dual aperture of F2.0 / F4.0 for exposure and depth of field control, 12bit RAW for smooth color gradation and high dynamic range, and more.
As you can see, Sony has quite a few features that you’ll enjoy, including several industry firsts. If you are going to use your phone to stream, a VPN will help you with access. If you have a Netflix account or one of the other international streaming services, you’ll be able to watch content from other regions. You can say the same for services that are region-specific. Why should you have to miss out on the BBC iPlayer, just because you’re not in the UK?
Even though all the Sony Xperia phones have 5G, you may want to save your data. Luckily, many businesses and other establishments offer free WiFi. That will do well for you, especially if you want to stream shows. However, using public WiFi can cause some big issues. By connecting to a VPN, you’ll be able to encrypt your data. That will stop others from getting ahold of your private data. Additionally, you can stop some ISPs from throttling your activities because you’re using too much bandwidth. If you are going to use public WiFi, connecting to a VPN is essential.
Using A VPN with Sony Xperia Phones
We advise connecting to a VPN whenever you use one of the Sony Xperia phones. With that in mind, there are a few things you need to take a look at to find the right provider. Here are the factors we looked for.
- World access – One of the primary functions of a VPN is to give you access to other parts of the world. Whether you are overseas and want a taste of home or want to explore new zones, you can do it all with a VPN. We suggest using a VPN with servers in at least 60 countries. That will help you get around firewalls, censorship, and geo-restrictions.
- Top encryption – While phones are becoming more secure, hacking attempts are becoming more common. You’ll want to choose a VPN that offers next-gen protocols, and use them. These include the protocol options of Lightway (ExpressVPN only), WireGuard, IKEv2, and OpenVPN. Those will all give you great security.
- High-speed networks – From watching your favorite shows and movies to watching cat videos or gaming, buffering is not fun. You want to choose a VPN that will give you great speeds, so you don’t get interrupted by speed issues.
- Network stability – If you are trying to keep your privacy safe or streaming content from other areas, a network drop could mean your information becomes vulnerable. The way to prevent that is to connect to a VPN service that offers a high level of network stability.
Without further delay, here is a list of the best VPN services for Sony Xperia phone users:
Thanks to ExpressVPN you do not have to be in the US to enjoy streaming services like Netflix, Hulu, and HBO Now. Whether you are from the United States and traveling abroad, an ex-patriot, or have always wanted to watch a US TV show like South Park, you can do so by connecting with the MediaStreamer feature. It will allow you to view the US shows you want to see from anywhere in the world. The same is true for channels in other regions.
When you take a look at encryption protocols, NordVPN has you covered. Instead of dealing with some of the less secure ones like PPTP, the company offers you three different alternatives to use. Whether you like the highly adaptable IKEv2, known as an NGE (Next Generation Encryption) protocol, OpenVPN (which many experts consider to be the gold standard), or the newcomer to the group, NordLynx (a proprietary protocol that uses WireGuard technology), you can find them all with NordVPN. While some may worry about using WireGuard because of the flaws, the company made its protocol to address those issues.
If you are one of the many people that like to stream sports on your favorite mobile device, connecting to a VPN server from Private Internet Access may be useful to you. More and more providers are allowing their users to watch some sports for free. Great examples of that include baseball and American football in the US. However, if you are traveling abroad or are otherwise outside of your home area, you would miss out on those games. By connecting to a VPN server you should be able to regain the access you wish.
Some sports have international followings. However, countries have different levels of coverage. If you follow a sport that does not have the coverage you want, connecting to CyberGhost VPN is a good idea. When you do, you can access the coverage you want to see by connecting to a server in another region. Whether there is no easy way to watch the sport where you are, or you are looking for specific coverage, you can easily do that with a VPN.
For gamers, distributive denial of service (DDoS) attacks can pose a significant threat to your gaming experience. When you connect to a VPN server from IPVanish, however, it can help you combat that issue. No one wants to get locked out or booted from a game. If you play for fun, it is an annoyance. If you play competitively, there are more significant consequences involved. Instead, just connect to a VPN so you do not have to worry about getting attacked while competing.